Latest News is that ICS delayed

jeff70

Reaction score
The latest news on when we will get ICS is that it is delayed, this comes from the same "Best Buy" source that predicted ICS for the Maxx on 4/4 so it is up to you to believe how reliable this info is

I guess we can expect to get update 6.12.181 sometime in the next couple of weeks with ICS to follow at some undetermined time after that, so IMHO it seems that ICS is still weeks or months away for our phones :frown:

Lawmsc

Reaction score
Hm, that's strange. I went to a Verizon store yesterday and one of the representatives said that ICS was out or the Razr Maxx and the updates were already starting.

LuckyHermit

Reaction score
Yeah- I've noticed that verizon store employees tend to simply tell you what you want to hear.. According to the guy who sold me my phone, 4g was coming to my area in a matter of days, and ics was already rolling out. This was a few months ago.. 4g in my area is not even on verizons distant future plans according to all the info I've found out since then.

They must make commissions. I haven't heard that much bs since I bought my last used car.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID RAZR MAXX running ECLIPSE v1.3 using DroidForums

Terrigno

Reaction score
Yeah- I've noticed that verizon store employees tend to simply tell you what you want to hear.. According to the guy who sold me my phone, 4g was coming to my area in a matter of days, and ics was already rolling out. This was a few months ago.. 4g in my area is not even on verizons distant future plans according to all the info I've found out since then.

They must make commissions. I haven't heard that much bs since I bought my last used car.

LOL

sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yes, Verizon sales reps are paid on commission. Personally I know more about their products than they do. Lol and I don't listen to the BS most reps spout.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

wxman2003

Reaction score
VZW reps are told to say the smartphone you like is a perfect phone, their 4G network has no problems, an update will be out shortly, and of course, would you like to add insurance and buy these accessories.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
VZW reps are told to say the smartphone you like is a perfect phone, their 4G network has no problems, an update will be out shortly, and of course, would you like to add insurance and buy these accessories.

^^^^^ exactly what they are trained to say. Don't forget the infamous....I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it does.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

yaterml

Reaction score
Lies and Deceit

I love that they will tell you what ever you want to hear then no one will be willing to back it up in a few months when it blows in their face. I had downgraded one of my phones to a non-smartphone device and they (in store associate) told me it would keep the unlimited data plan fast forward several months and I try to put a new smartphone back on with the same data plan i thought I already had and they wont give me my unlimited data because their system automatically took it off even though noone authorized it to be removed. my bill has been the same even though they had taken the data plan off i am still paying the same amount I did several months ago. Called their corporate office lodge a complaint they said their is nothing they can do. So I filed a complain with the BBB and the FCC both of which have Verizon as one of their top complaint companies currently. Hum I wonder why.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I love that they will tell you what ever you want to hear then no one will be willing to back it up in a few months when it blows in their face. I had downgraded one of my phones to a non-smartphone device and they (in store associate) told me it would keep the unlimited data plan fast forward several months and I try to put a new smartphone back on with the same data plan i thought I already had and they wont give me my unlimited data because their system automatically took it off even though noone authorized it to be removed. my bill has been the same even though they had taken the data plan off i am still paying the same amount I did several months ago. Called their corporate office lodge a complaint they said their is nothing they can do. So I filed a complain with the BBB and the FCC both of which have Verizon as one of their top complaint companies currently. Hum I wonder why.

Yeah, in a situation like that, I make it sop to get the supervisor and take down their badge number. Even then its hard to deal with them in those situations.

yaterml

Reaction score
I've gotten to the point

Ive gotten to the point to calling the President and CEO's office and I am on a first name basis with about everyone there.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ive gotten to the point to calling the President and CEO's office and I am on a first name basis with about everyone there.

That trumps my method lol.

yaterml

Reaction score
Mr. Mead, Nicole, Heather and the rest of the lot effing hate me I know it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mr. Mead, Nicole, Heather and the rest of the lot effing hate me I know it.

Lol....don't lose sleep over it.

yaterml

Reaction score
I sleep quite nice knowing they are digging themselves a bigger hole