Latest MDB228 Tweet

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Charcoal_Mantis, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Charcoal_Mantis

Charcoal_Mantis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what the consensus is on the validity of the MDB228 twitter account, but the latest tweet reads "T-minus 1,166,400". Taken in seconds that puts us at 13 days and change.

Anyone buy into that handle being viral marketing?

2. sqchram

sqchram Member

Ratings:
    +1
    When you're dying in the desert and not a drop of water nor sliver of shade may be found but mirages... all you can do is hope and pray...

3. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have strong doubts about it but who knows,certainly be a creative way to market it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. BeerManMike

BeerManMike Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I doubt it's marketing from Verizon or Motorola. It's either an insider that is leaking info or some guy that's into mobile tech and read about the july 28th/august 4th preorder/release dates and took it upon him/herself to make these accounts and say that's the date.

5. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What he said^.

6. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A DL reader pointed out something interesting: If you click on his avatar, it says the name of the file he uploaded is "Boot_animation_for_the_Motorola_DROID_Bionic_is_leaked.jpeg"

If you search for that filename, you find that it is from a phonearena.com article about a leaked Bionic bootanimation.

Why would Moto have a viral campaign with an image they had to take from a phone blog? You'd think they would have plenty of their own Bionic images.

I hope the release date is correct, but it looks like this twitter acct is fake.

7. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter Member

Ratings:
    +3

(I posted this in another thread but certainly worth copy and pasting given the direct relevance of your question)

A commenter on another site had dug around mdb228's profile and the avatar pic on twitter had a source name of:

Boot_animation_for_the_Motorola_DROID_Bionic_is_le aked_reasonably_small.jpeg

Which is very similar to a pic used in phone arena for a leak for DB's possible boot animation pic. So if it were a VZW or moto source I doubt they would need to steal an image from a tech site for its avatar... fake bionic troll= (

8. BeerManMike

BeerManMike Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Fake to as opposed to what? A real Motorola/Verizon marketing team? Like i said, it could be an insider that's having fun leaking real info or your average Joe shmoe messing around.

9. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +410
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    MDB228 at Android Central said that the Twitter account is not him.. So you can not go by the Twitter account.. It is fake...