Latest Froyo Build made my Marketplace practically unusable

Womp

Reaction score
Installed the latest stock Froyo build the other day, works fantastic except for this one issue.

I installed the fix update.zip which made my premium apps appear such as TapaTalk Pro etc and I've also tried clearing my cache.

The Marketplace is so damned unbearably slow that it is practically useless and if anyone has any ideas I would love to get some help. Doing a search brings up the above fixes from the older builds but they aren't fixing this horrific speed issue. Every time I try to go into something I am presented with a white 'loading' screen that sits for about 1-2 minutes, from selecting, to installing to OK'ing the install this happens. It's excruciating.

Thanks. :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine was very slow when I installed the rooted "more froyo".

It was still slow when I installed the market fix.

It was still slow when I installed SS4.1 and then the market didn't work for a bunch of people one evening for 30 minutes or so. The next morning it was as fast as it was before. I assumed they fixed something in the market. It wasn't slow until I moved from sg6.0 to froyo. It is not slow now but I did nothing on my end to fix it.

You have a backup? Make one now, roll back, see if its still slow. Flash back to what you are using now and see if it is still slow. Try a couple other roms. Wish I had something more specific for you other than "it shouldn't be that way for you"

When I went to ss4.12 I did not install any market update/fix, btw.

brando56894

Reaction score
I noticed this too on the FRF84B release, I flashed petes BBv0.4 two days ago and it wouldnt install anything! I let it sync over night and when I woke up 5 apps had been synced and another 5 were in the "installing" state for hours, I didnt have time to mess with it so I flashed my Kangerade backup :)

OP
Womp

Womp

Reaction score
I didn't have this problem with BB 0.1 however I have been on this new stock Froyo for a couple days now and I don't know what the factor is between the two causing the difference of working and not.

Anomander

Reaction score
Updated to the newest Froyo build last night and no problems with the Marketplace at all.

gsDroid

Reaction score
Market works perfectly with Pete's BB 0.4 Froyo FRF84B. Using CM Recovery I formatted system, data, cache, and boot 3 times each and installed the rom. I let the phone sit about 30 minutes after booting and all my paid and free apps restored automatically. Set up my screens and made LauncherPro the default and all is perfect.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I also had the slow/unusable market with both BB 0.4 and the latest clean froyo build. And it wasn't from syncing - it was slow days later after all syncing was completed. I'm back on 1.1 for now.

OP
Womp

Womp

Reaction score
Yeah, see everything synced fine...The phone has sat and sat, nothing helps. It is really weird that even 3 days later the Marketplace is still acting this way for me.

I may pop BB 0.4 on later.

My plan was to go to stock in preparation for handing my Droid over to my wife since I'll be getting a Droid X on the 15th and I just wanted a stable working Froyo ROM on it. I really didn't want to shove a custom ROM on there and have her find any issues - I don't feel like having to 'fix' any problems daily especially since she is coming from a Berry. :p

If the Marketplace is going to be pulling this BS though it isn't going to fly. heh.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this file to fix the Market place. It will make your Droid appear to be working as 2.1.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this everytime a new build leaks out for the Droid. My theory is that so many people are wiping their phones to install the leak that the servers get overloaded from all the download traffic. Especially with Froyo builds where the app sync is automatically initiated in the background. It always seems to get back to normal after a few days.

OP
Womp

Womp

Reaction score
Try this file to fix the Market place. It will make your Droid appear to be working as 2.1.

Is this the same fix that Gill posted way back?

If it is, as I said, I already used it. It worked in that it made my missing apps appear in the Marketplace however it did nothing to fix the speed or usage. :/