1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Latest ERI.xml discoveries

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by raidzero, Jun 5, 2010.

1. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I have discovered that if you decompile the framework, and then edit the eri.xml any way you want you can recompile it you can get past the 16 character limitation for operator name. If you go over 16 characters, it simply scrolls in the lock screen, which is a sweet effect. however, you cannot go over 19 characters or else the pulldown will be cut off... here is what I have done:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my droid is so friendly! he even pops down from time to time to tell you he loves you

lol

yeah may be a bit girly for a guy's phone, but I think the droid is cute. haha
  2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

i was there when this happened

edit: you forgot to mention the acceptance of special characters and the fact that you can go under 16

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Do we need the large images? How about downsizing them a bit...
  4. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Perhaps you could help me a bit -- Ive made a lot of edits to eri.xml in the past.

How do you decompile and recompile the framework file? Eclipse or simply resign these?

I am currently having a problem where I edited the eri.xml page (Verizon Wireless) to 16 different characters that included an apostrophe, however the modification shows up on the rotary lockscreen but not on the notification panel. What gives here?
  5. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I have been using the apktool utility from here to decompile apks. AXMLprinter should also work for a single XML, then use xeudoxus' xU-d9pc program to compile the XML. I then just make a MM to apply it into my framework.

apktool: android-apktool - Project Hosting on Google Code
    xU-d9pc: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/47283-release-xultimate.html (get it in the standalone zip section)
Search tags for this page
eri for htc rezound
eri version not available

latest discoveries

samsung i9305lte eri version 5