latest cm10.1 20130113 update not compatible with siyah?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just the normal steps. Wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik. Flash ROM then the proper gapps. Then wipe cache, dalvik again. Then reboot. Are you having an issue?
clueless77,I just want to make sure I do this rite,1st-Go to CM-Download ROM
2-Reboot into recovery
3-wipe data,wipe cache and wipe dalvik Flash ROM and gapps
4-Then wipe cache,dalvik again.Then reboot.

Sent from my S3 using CyanogenMod 10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.1

clueless77

Reaction score
clueless77,I just want to make sure I do this rite,1st-Go to CM-Download ROM
2-Reboot into recovery
3-wipe data,wipe cache and wipe dalvik Flash ROM and gapps
4-Then wipe cache,dalvik again.Then reboot.

Not sure if you're trolling because your signature clearly says you're running CM 10.1 that's using android OS jellybean version 4.2.1

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also if you read the entire thread you'll see why I've never a ROM updater.
I'm not trolling,I don't roll like that.Maybe I didn't word it rite,but yes I'm rocking CM10 nightlies and now we have an update as of 1/16/13.I just wanted to know if these are the steps to update ROM.But as you have said, you don't update ROMS

clueless77

Reaction score
I'm not trolling,I don't roll like that.Maybe I didn't word it rite,but yes I'm rocking CM10 nightlies and now we have an update as of 1/16/13.I just wanted to know if these are the steps to update ROM.But as you have said, you don't update ROMS

Okay haha sorry about the confusion. Yes that's how I flash my ROMs. I never download on my phone, I always download from computer then transfer to the root of my external. Whatever gapps that are needed as well. In your case they would be the 20121212 gapps I believe that are for 4.2.1 and then in CWM I data then cache then dalvik install ROM then install gapps then wipe cache and dalvik again, just because. Then reboot. I never make a nandroid backup usually, but that's because I get bored and if needed I just Odin an image. After I get everything set up I usually go back to CWM and wipe cache and dalvik again. I know its a lot of steps but I almost never have any issues like some of other guys. I've probably done a dirty flash maybe twice.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay haha sorry about the confusion. Yes that's how I flash my ROMs. I never download on my phone, I always download from computer then transfer to the root of my external. Whatever gapps that are needed as well. In your case they would be the 20121212 gapps I believe that are for 4.2.1 and then in CWM I data then cache then dalvik install ROM then install gapps then wipe cache and dalvik again, just because. Then reboot. I never make a nandroid backup usually, but that's because I get bored and if needed I just Odin an image. After I get everything set up I usually go back to CWM and wipe cache and dalvik again. I know its a lot of steps but I almost never have any issues like some of other guys. I've probably done a dirty flash maybe twice.
Cool,Thxz alot

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the latest "official" JB leak I have loaded http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1974114 , can I install the most recent CM ROM, by flashing it using Clockwork Mod Recovery, and can I go back to the official JB leak by doing a factory image before flashing to the latest CM with Gapps. And what are the advantages of running the latest CM ROM, instead of the stock JB ROM, plus will Nova launcher work with CM, and does it erase all my data "hate to reinstall everything".

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the latest "official" JB leak I have loaded, can I install the most recent CM ROM, by flashing it using Clockwork Mod Recovery, and can I go back to the official JB leak by doing a factory image before flashing to the latest CM with Gapps. And what are the advantages of running the latest CM ROM, instead of the stock JB ROM, plus will Nova launcher work with CM, and does it erase all my data "hate to reinstall everything".
+1 on the erase all my data "hate to reinstall everything.":angry:

Last edited:
OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
The reason why 99% of root users flash the latest cm ROM is to experience the latest "stock" android.

If you backup your phone up with cwm you can restore it back to the point regardless what version of cm or what ROM you are on..it will just take you to the exact point you backed it up.