Latest Battery life on BB V.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by alitke, Aug 4, 2010.

1. alitke

alitke New Member

Just wanted to post a pic of my latest battery life as it is amazing and all thanks to pete and his amazing rom. Just a bit of an incentive for others to try it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. polysaturate

polysaturate New Member

how? lol

I usually get no more then 1 day out of mine...and that's only squeezing an hour or so past the 24 hour mark. Can you tell us a little bit more about your bb0.4 setup?
  3. alitke

alitke New Member

Nextheme with NO task killers.

Not really anything else
  4. StingRay

StingRay New Member

I've had fairly average battery life while running BB.4...

today my battery drained like I've never seen it...minimal use in the morning and by 1:00 I was at 15%....charged up and more light use and back to 20%....

not sure what is going on...sometimes battery will take a hit if there is an update being pushed, but have no idea what happened today....:icon_eek:
  5. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Can you click on display an then take a picture for us? I would like to see actually how long your screen has been on for that duration of time.
  6. otter34

otter34 New Member

You didn't do much, if any internet browsing or texting or talking?
  7. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

that is insaneeeeeeeeeeee.. do you run a diff kernel or the stock bb one? and do you use setcpu if so what are your profiles on it
  8. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

I agree. Seems that his display was OFF for a very BIG majority of the time. If I did that, I would get at least 2 days maybe more out of my phone. But in the real world, I get calls, send/receive txt messages, and check for updates to my software. I am lucky to get 16 hours out of my phone right now.

Not that I dont believe him, just seems to me like he was trying to do as little as possible, like NOT answer calls, or reply to txts, and then take a screenshot near the end, which would give him the seemingly impossible to reach numbers he getting.
  9. sweeeeet

btw how do you take screen shots? i'll take some pics of how mine dies in 4 hrs lol
  10. Relex

Relex New Member

Drocap2

I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of my droid but I text a lot.
  11. xazniboix

xazniboix New Member

So you barely touched your phone for 24 hours?
  12. sweeeeet

Ty got it running... weird my battery usage doesn't show the apps I ran like tap a talk or the music(running an hour at least)... @ 50% now after being fully charged 3 hours ago

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  13. alitke

alitke New Member

Wow step away and I get flamed like crazy.

This is a business phone. I am a auditor of governmental entities meaning that I am on the phone at least 10 times a day for usually 15-30 minutes at a time. I also am receiving at minimum about 30 emails a day as I have over 20 clients that I must touch base with at least once every two weeks.

So no I was not avoiding using my phone. I was emailing and talking most of the day. Was the screen off when not in use ABSOLUTELY. I have facebook and twitter notifications in the back ground also so consider that too. I am averaging at least 22 hours even with a lot of use.

Now if I turn on pandora and wifi tether I might get 7 hours out of it.

On an ending note I am averaging about 9gb's a month so that you realize how much data I am using a month.
  14. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Yep....21% of 41 hours is about 8 hours of battery chewed by display, with @20% of battery time remaining.

By comparison, I can leave my display on all the time and get 15 hours with very minimal use....display would run about 80%, or 12 hours....and so, in theory, if I left my display off I could easily get 2.5+ days.

These battery threads are all apples-to-oranges. There are a handful of things that materially affect battery life, everything else is just differences in usage patterns (like streaming pandora, heavy browsing, lots of texting, etc..)
  15. kodiak799

The battery is only capable of about 4-5 hours of talk time. your one screenshot shows no voice usage, the other 8% (of 80%) which might have been about 20 minutes of talk time.

Not saying your usage is not as your describe, but these screenshots of your usage are clearly atypical use by your own descriptions.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  16. alitke

alitke New Member

Again of that time most of it was talk time and email time. I never said i was constantly using the phone or anything I simply said i was getting good battery life.
  17. alitke

alitke New Member

In the second photo it is 8% of 41 hours which is actually 3+ hours of talk time. The percentages shown are of the TOTAL time active it does not say it is 8% of X minus Y.

41+ hours multiplied by 8% = 3.28 hours of just talk time. The other photo does not show the phone for whatever reason I am not sure. Yes I do keep my screen off when not in use though as I generally do not have time to charge me phone more than once a day. Email was also 2% which is almost an hour of the gmail app plus the other apps not shown.
  18. kodiak799

No, the usage % always adds to 100%. I realize I made the same error in a previous post while I was trying to make a different point, but you did not have 3.28 hours of talk time. There is no way. The battery is only rated for 4-5 hours of talk time. Your voice usage would have been over 50%, easily, if you had 3+ hours of talk time. You've actually used 80% of your battery, and 8% was voice which would be 6.4% of your battery potential, but that doesn't equate to minutes, either, the ratio of talk time to "battery life" time is approx. 2 or 2.5 to 1, but 1/16 of 5 hours (the talk time potential of your battery) is about 20 minutes.

Gmail is push. Unless you have large files attached it's battery usage is tiny for a few dozen emails.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  19. sweeeeet

Was down to 10% had to charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. trol1374

trol1374 New Member

I know this is a BB thread. I'm using chevy's rom and a lv 1.0 kernal.

Here is my shot. A few calls. Lots of browsing of the market and some net. Lots of downloads and updates. Some txt msg's.