latest 4.0.4 radios

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sb do you make many calls? Just curious... Yesterday was the first day in awhile where I've had some extensive phone conversations throughout the day (extensive for me = probably 1 to 1.5 hours total ;)). It absolutely killed my battery.

I know Larry Page carries an extra battery around for his Gnex, but if you have a case, that's even more of a headache if you have to do that almost every day to keep it going.

I don't know... I love the device, but it feels like I'm constantly trying to convince myself to keep it b/c of things like this. The signal improvements are good, but I still had two big hiccups yesterday where it took a lot longer than ever before to get a signal back. Though it was holding 4G in places like never before as well.

Sorry, I don't really that much so I couldn't weigh in on this. I probably actually use my phone as a "phone" less than 5% of the time I have it on me. In the past, phone calls with my Nexus have hardly used any battery. I'll try to make a point of using it in the next couple days and let you know how it fares.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So far so loving aokp m5 with francos m3 kernel. Ima try it out for a day.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know the battery life on this thing isnt the greatest but it does charge up pretty quick. I was at 25% last night and stuck it on the charger while i look for a rom to flash. I want to say about an hour later I was expecting it to be at the magic 60% number only to see it was almost full at around 94%.

alboboy10

Reaction score
pc747 said:
I know the battery life on this thing isnt the greatest but it does charge up pretty quick. I was at 25% last night and stuck it on the charger while i look for a rom to flash. I want to say about an hour later I was expecting it to be at the magic 60% number only to see it was almost full at around 94%.

Also drains extremely fast for the first few percentage. My phone drops from 100 to 90 extremely fast.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very true, it does charge very fast, which helps make it not so bad.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm I am curious if in the build of the software it tries to go into auto conserve mode. Cuz I notices once I drop to a certain battery percent (magic number being 65%) its like a few bars drop off (now I knw we go off dBms and not bars) but once I charge up beyond or hook it to a charger I get my bars back. Maybe its just s coincidence or im just imagining things.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I've left my phone on 4g all day and the battery has been so much better...

Weird.

Reaction score
would you all advise me to wait before flashing the new radios? I have an issue with the other person I talk to hearing an 'echo' but did not want to update the radio if its having serious issues.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
would you all advise me to wait before flashing the new radios? I have an issue with the other person I talk to hearing an 'echo' but did not want to update the radio if its having serious issues.

If that is the issue that you are having then I would hold off. I don't suspect new radios will help that. I could be wrong but it sounds like a mic or other hardware issue to me.

famac!

Reaction score
I have been on 4.0.4 for a few months now using a leaked rooted stock ROM i found somewhere online (possibly here). Flashed IMM76K radios earlier today. My baseband version moved up to FC04/FC05 but my build number is still IMM30B. Is that normal?

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
561427 said:

Try turning down your volume when on the call. Just my suggestion I got from big reds site. Something about the mic picking you up from the speaker. I have only had that issue once

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I have been on 4.0.4 for a few months now using a leaked rooted stock ROM i found somewhere online (possibly here). Flashed IMM76K radios earlier today. My baseband version moved up to FC04/FC05 but my build number is still IMM30B. Is that normal?

yes tis normal because you flashed the radios which changes the baseband but the build is still the same because you didnt flash the entire 'stock ota rom' so youre still on the leaked ota but using the new ota radios...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
anyones call quality improve with the new radios?????????????????????????????????????????????????

otter34

Reaction score
I've had no change. No change in call quality and no change in internet reception. I recorded the values from four exact spots where I sit everyday. one reading is the exact same; 3g, -120dbm even though I had 4g turned on. another spot I'm sitting right now which is a mile from the other place I tested I get -87 dbm exactly like before however when I tested the other day from this chair it was -93 dbm. When I test the other two I'll report if there was a difference but so far I see no difference whatsoever

Reaction score
If that is the issue that you are having then I would hold off. I don't suspect new radios will help that. I could be wrong but it sounds like a mic or other hardware issue to me.

I dont have the echo problem its the other person i am speaking with that can hear an echo. Ill prob wait hold off on the radio update.. TY :)

Try turning down your volume when on the call. Just my suggestion I got from big reds site. Something about the mic picking you up from the speaker. I have only had that issue once

I have. I turn it down to about mid way but it never changes. Ill turn my volume down and ask "did that do anything?" but they will say no every time. oh well. As long as I dont have to call myself I am fine... lol thanks for the help though guys. :happy3: