Late for work!

BostonMike

Reaction score
I used to have a Blackberry and I would shut it off at night so I would not be disturbed by texts, email, etc. It would automatically turn on at the time I wanted to wake up and sound my alarm. I erroneously thought the Droid would do the same thing. Lol! No alarm this morning. So what is my solution? Is there a way for the alarm to wake the phone? Is there a SIMPLE way to make sure my alarm goes off but not disturbed all night with email, reminders etc?

stanrc

Reaction score
You can leave the phone on and set the volume to vibrate or silent. The alarm will still ring.

Candice

Reaction score
Go to setting>sounds & display> silence. It quiets everything except media and alarms. (That's what I use) You can even just hit the volume down button to silence everything and your alarm will still go off every morning.

I think there are a few apps in the market to make it easier. But I don't know them off the top of my head.

PS: That's one feature I miss about my BB, but I think that's about it. LOL

Candice

Reaction score
OH!! One more thing, make sure your phone is either plugged in to charge or fully charged before going to bed.

One night I figured mine would be fine 60% battery, and accidentally left my wi-fi on and woke up late...my phone died in the middle of the night. And unlike my old curve, it never went into any "conservation" mode which still allowed my alarm to work, it just shut off.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless you're sleeping in a number of different places, you might consider investing in a charging dock, Mike.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
I sometimes fall asleep downstairs so it would be nice to be mobile with my alarm. Jsh1120, I do have a Moto dock at work and I like it but I have to take the bloody phone cover off to dock it. Thats kind of a pain during the day and I'm definitely not going to try to do that at night while I'm half asleep. Lol!

diverbelow

Reaction score
There is couple apps that do all the above locale and FoxyRing. One app I like to use is called FoxyRing. You set the hours you want to the to disable data and volume and the time you wake to enable. Another thing I like about FoxyRing is that you can set emergency numbers i.e. parents, siblings or whomever when they call your phone rings.

Another feature that is great to use on FoxyRing is the location based setting. You can set your Droid to vibrate via your location.

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Candice, I tried what you said and it does not work for me. I did both modes you listed and the alarm goes off but I dont hear anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Candice

Reaction score
Candice, I tried what you said and it does not work for me. I did both modes you listed and the alarm goes off but I dont hear anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you check your alarm ring tone settings? Do you have "silent" marked? if you do, that could be why.

I just tested it, twice, it works. Hmmm.....

Candice

Reaction score
Mike, you shouldn't need to mess with any other settings. Just press the volume down button til it's in silent mode.

Then go into your alarm clock, under ringtones, pick "Buzzer Alarm" or something other than silent.

Then set it for a minute from now. Hit done.

And wait. Let me know if that doesn't work.

PS: You don't have headphones plugged in do you?

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Checked ring tone and it is set for an mp3 and not silent. This does not seem to work for me. I can't figure out why. If I set the phone to silent the alarm starts but no sound at all.