Last Post Wins Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
kmf1, I was considering the 100-400, but the 400 gets better reviews. And I figured my 70-200 w/1.4 would be about the same and a whole lot of overlap. There is a local 600mm for sale, maybe??? I"m now on a mission. I'm trying to read the UPC code on the transformers down the street up on the pole. Got the "41" made out just need to read the rest. Tripod tomorrow. And if need be my 500mm.

WTH, we don't have pretty birds around here. Crows, 80% crows and 20% brown birds. At the range we get red tailed hawks in the morning and evening.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
kmf1, I was considering the 100-400, but the 400 gets better reviews. And I figured my 70-200 w/1.4 would be about the same and a whole lot of overlap. There is a local 600mm for sale, maybe??? I"m now on a mission. I'm trying to read the UPC code on the transformers down the street up on the pole. Got the "41" made out just need to read the rest. Tripod tomorrow. And if need be my 500mm.

WTH, we don't have pretty birds around here. Crows, 80% crows and 20% brown birds. At the range we get red tailed hawks in the morning and evening.
A dedicated 400 mm is a great lens for sure. I bought the 24-105mm red ring lens with the 5D 15 years ago. The 100-400 lens is a nice compliment to it. I kinda forgot about the 2x converter. It may still be as pricey as it once was. A dedicated 600 would be an awesome lens. I'm looking forward to the spring migration of the bird's headed back up north.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pic of the blue jay @kmf1. We get a lot of them all winter and also cardinals which I love, especially against a snowy backdrop. Plenty of crows too, like Lloyd said. Spring brings all kinds of tiny birds and robins all over. They've begin to come already and they (robins) have nice fat orange bellies from eating the worms that have emerged after the rain. Thanks for sharing

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Beautiful pic of the blue jay @kmf1. We get a lot of them all winter and also cardinals which I love, especially against a snowy backdrop. Plenty of crows too, like Lloyd said. Spring brings all kinds of tiny birds and robins all over. They've begin to come already and they (robins) have nice fat orange bellies from eating the worms that have emerged after the rain. Thanks for sharing
Most welcome!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Christmas, yay.
ff116fab34ce01b49a33eb66e58548d6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
When you are about to cross the street
And you look both ways
I'll be there
In both places at the same time

When you get into the shower
And feel my love from afar
I'm there
With my telephoto lens
Because I care

" Hallmark cards for stalkers
... When you want to send your caring
To someone that has a restraining order"

Sorry... Couldn't help myself

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I know... Burn in hell...blah blah blah.... Does anyone need me to save them a chair right by the fire?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes the 24-105mm RR seems awesome so far. We have a couple of bird sanctuary places around here, and Majestic lake just filled up a couple weeks ago. So maybe I'll get out to one of them. Shoot something with something. We always seem to have the resident park lake bird with an arrow stuck through them wandering around the park.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes the 24-105mm RR seems awesome so far. We have a couple of bird sanctuary places around here, and Majestic lake just filled up a couple weeks ago. So maybe I'll get out to one of them. Shoot something with something. We always seem to have the resident park lake bird with an arrow stuck through them wandering around the park.
Enjoy your new lens, and share some of your shots. Good morning everybody. Have a great and winning day!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
That will keep you busy. Looks like some good equipment. Have fun!

I bought 2 complete setups with 1 extra set of speakers. It's all a little older but I think for what I'm doing it's been perfect so far. Plenty of power!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.