Last OTA?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by ErcDaMerc, Jun 7, 2013.

1. jrredho

jrredho Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmm. I find that tremendously interesting. I outlined exactly how to do that in this thread! (By referencing the stellar work of others.) I guess I don't understand this complaint. I went from the .2 to .14 OTA firmware with zero problems.

Again, I still don't see your point with regard to upgrading radio and hboot firmware. It is true that you cannot go backwards. The point about making it being easier to flash (compatible) ROMs is also not correct; you just have to fastboot boot your custom recovery, then flash the ROM zip from recovery just like you would if you were S-OFF. There is no need to do a separate boot.img flash in that case. The biggest reason for needing the RUUs, which as you note are backwards as far as hboot is concerned from .14, is if you get in trouble because you're S-OFF!

This forum is rife with people who didn't do just that! (Me included from time to time.) I think that convincing folks to go S-OFF, perhaps without a full understanding of what the risks are, is not the best route to travel. Just one more opinion to throw in the mix, I guess.

I don't doubt that the process isn't that difficult, but again, since the recovery thing is moot, why would someone ever need an RUU if they're not screwing around in S-OFF mode? They cannot mess up their firmware.

Anyway, thanks for giving me your perspective.

cheers,
    john

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Fair enough jrredho, I'll concede on some of these points... I don't always recommend S-OFF, but having 4 HTC devices that have all been S-Off and never having an issue I feel it is appropriate in some situations though. Indeed S-OFF is not to be taken lightly though, stupid mistakes can brick your phone.

I think we just need to agree that we disagree on this one. :)

3. marioval

marioval Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I appreciate the offer but I think I will just keep the phone as-is for now. I'm probably not going to have it for much longer anyway.

Search tags for this page

htc rezound ota

htc rezound ota download

htc rezound ota update
htc rezound ruu

htc rezound ruu download

latest rezound radios

rezound latest ruu

rezound ruu

rezound ruu 2013

rezound ruu download