Last.FM just screwed me/us over

Reaction score
I've been using Last.fm since the first month it was launched back in 06' or 07'. Was one of the first 100 users and now after years and years of being loyal and getting a ton of my friends and family and other random people I've met over the years to join last.FM and once android came out I got everyone I kno to use them over Pandora. After all that, they hit me with a 3.00 per month subscription starting may 18th! I am friggin peeved. Everything turns into being about money. They have so much advertising and have good profit reportings from what I've read over the years so there is no need for this. They just lost me and a **** ton of other people as users. Pandora here I come!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
How were you notified? Isn't worth subscribing to if that's the way they're going.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
How were you notified? Isn't worth subscribing to if that's the way they're going.

Just got an email last nite saying my trial was up, and I was never aware I was on a trial so I was like, "wtf" lol its only for business the radio feature on android devices and iphone/ipod its still free on PC but I mostly use it on my Droid X and I already have enough subscriptions I don't need one for internet radio that should be free no matter what. They have made it free for years and so to just do this out of no where is crap. Pandora is what I'm gonna have to use. It makes me sad cause like I said I was one of the first 100 users and so I have a long history with last.FM but it was all for nothing. Bastards

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about this a while ago but I'm fairly certain its only for android. I think you can still use last FM for free on the comp or XBOX ps3 w/e

tappin and a talkin

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about this a while ago but I'm fairly certain its only for android. I think you can still use last FM for free on the comp or XBOX ps3 w/e

tappin and a talkin

Well that's even more retarded. Android is the best platform out there and deserves to have last.FM stay free!

Misphit917

Reaction score
Yep this is old news if you have been a member for that long then yes they sent and email out informing you about the monthly subscription and they would give you three months free. From what I have read android downloads for last fm app and usage went crazy so they are thinking that maybe they need to charge their customers, but they same is not being said for iphone and that is not cool.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It feels like a pretty stupid move to me. I used last.fm all through the year on my phone and after I was told I would have to pay I pretty much stopped using it all together. I listen to most of my music on my phone and with out being able to screebl that music I don't feel like using it at all.

tappin and a talkin

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well that's even more retarded. Android is the best platform out there and deserves to have last.FM stay free!

They are just trying to cash in....Just like a lot of devs do once their app gets popular.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Personally I've never used Last.Fm. Been satisfied by using Pandora the entire time. But, don't fret. I've read several small articles, from different websites, comments on others and comments on the app on the Android Market and I can tell you they are doing a great job of turning new and old customers away. Not little by little but a mass of them each day.

Their IS a way to get it free still. When you recently updated it, it changed the app to make you subscribe and pay monthly. If you did not update it yet it is still free. So, if you can get your hands on the APK version before that last update, you can probably get it back for free. See if you can revert the update changes. People are reporting that freezing the update keeps it from becoming a pay per month app.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
just got my email, looks like you don't have to do anything like opt out or something. I think you can just let it go and not sign up for the subscription.

We hope you've been enjoying your free trial subscription to Last.fm.

While you've been listening we've been busy releasing updated apps for the iPhone and Android and releasing some new radio features, including a pause button. We'll continue to improve the mobile applications in the months to come, and your experience of Last.fm.

Your trial subscription will end on May 19th. This means you will lose access to subscriber-only features, including radio on your mobile device; your apps will continue to scrobble, display profile information and deliver personalised recommendations.

Remember, you can renew your subscription at any time on the subscription page. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your trial.

Thanks,
The Last.fm Team
Oh, and I'll probably uninstall it too.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
releasing some new radio features, including a pause button

Holy crap! A pause button? No way! Right after just about every other music playing app has had the pause button for a very LONG time.

*Slaps forehead*

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score

They are just trying to cash in....Just like a lot of devs do once their app gets popular.

You will still be able to scrobble music and have a profile for free they are only gonna charge for internet radio on android phones. So you don't have to worry about that. And their internet radio is still free if you use it on you computer or ipod touch/iphone. So I'm still gonna use last.FM on my Droid x for scrobbling purposes but I'm gonna have to use Pandora or something else for internet radio cause I refuse to pay for it