Last five days of Inc2 Hell... Any thoughts?

evan2001

Reaction score
OK folks I'm looking for some real help. First let me start by saying I've had my Inc2 (VZW) for 11 months with basally no problems. But starting last Thursday...

It all started when I plugged it in the orange charging light would not stay on. I had to hold it in by hand. I tried the two changers and the USB cable I had and all the same. It seemed like the port was loose. And since I've read about that happening I thought that could be it. So I really could not charge the battery. So on Friday I called VZW. went thought the steps and they sent me a replacement phone on Monday. I moved my SD card, sim, battery over and went through the steps to logging into google to get my email, contacts, calendar over. So far so good. and looked like the battery was changing. Then I noticed even with the charging light on the battery level was going down! So today I went to a VZW store and the TS person plugged it in there and saw the same thing. So she gave me a new battery. I get home to plug it in since it needs it and POW! it won't hold a change?

WTF!!!

To make matters worse. I busy all day and can't go to a store and On Thurday I leave for a long weekend trip and seems will have no phone.

Any thoughts!

nikecar

Reaction score
Are you using the wall charger or the PC?

KThomas25

Reaction score
Not sure but I think I'd look to see if a newly added app was using more than its share of the battery and basically pulling down the charge faster than it should. Also that you are using the charger that came with the phone and that the outlet you are plugged into is working as well. If you've changed phones and batteries there has to be a remaining common factor at fault.

I love this phone. Hope mine continues to satisfy.

Sent from here with my phone, y'all.

OP
evan2001

evan2001

Reaction score
I loved this phone also... No apps as a matter of fact it happened even after a full factory reset. And yep using the charger that came with it

pdunc44

Reaction score
Confirmed Droid Inc 2 design flaw

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this design flaw on your inc 2, you are not alone. I am on my 3rd now for the exact same reason and you can read all the posts in the world and talk to Verizon and HTC reps personally and they will all give you the same fault shifting advice. "Are you using the original chord?", Or some weak excuse about the battery draining too low or numerous others which I have read through on countless forums as well as the Verizon mobile group on their site. I've infested far too much time trying to find an answer and as a bi product become an expert (unfortunately) on the subject. Plain and simple bro, its a poor and weak socket that we plug the charger into. Obviously the outer case in plastic but if you look inside it has a thin aluminum or medal band which you plug your charger into. Upon closer inspection you will notice that it is not a solid piece but is separated. These two design issues (flaws) allow the charger (male end) to elongate the receptacle. If you think about it when you use your phone when it is charging you are forcing pressure on this receptacle and when charging in your car and using it is worse because the charger you are "supposed" to use has a short and almost spring loaded chord further adding to this process of stretching out the receptacle. Add a dropped phone one or twice and the plastic casing either cracks or weakens allowing further wear on the receptacle. Dont waste any more time, head to Verizon and inform them they will be ordering you a replacement and if they give you ANY problem use one of the store computers or phones and Google the issue, I'm sure you know the info that will be returned.