last contacts....need help...copied interal memory to pc

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by latenightrob, Aug 6, 2011.

1. latenightrob

latenightrob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Long story, but I will try to make it brief. About 3 hrs ago my phone (droid incredible) just started to force stop almost every app I opened and some as soon as the phone boots up (weather, pandora, amazon) This happened directly after downloading a new app, which I uninstalled right away with no help. Anyway, after searching it appears a factory reset is in order. So, I copied my SD and Internal memory to a usb stick and figured I could get my contacts from there? But, not finding the contact file, I decided to activate the backup assistant (for the 1st time) and it synced my gmail contacts from the web (which I only had 5) to my phone and not the other way around, therefore I lost 95% of my contacts.

Question, since I copied my memory before I ran the backup assistant, won't I be able to swap out the contact file after I do the factory reset and get all my #s back???

Anyone know where that file is and if this will work?

Thanks for your time!
    Rob

2. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm not sure how to get them back if they've already been deleted. Have you done searches for similar problems on the forum? If you have your contacts set-up to auto-sync with Gmail, they automatically add back on after a factory reset/gmail login. Were they saved with your Gmail?

3. latenightrob

latenightrob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the problem, I never used the backup assistant until now, and it turns out I didn't really set up my gmail correctly (by only having 5 contacts, I assumed it would save all my reply mail contacts...my fault) so, I have saved all the information via my usb (prior to backup) but don't know what file I can hopefully swap out to get my contacts back?