last contacts....need help...copied interal memory to pc

latenightrob

Reaction score
Long story, but I will try to make it brief. About 3 hrs ago my phone (droid incredible) just started to force stop almost every app I opened and some as soon as the phone boots up (weather, pandora, amazon) This happened directly after downloading a new app, which I uninstalled right away with no help. Anyway, after searching it appears a factory reset is in order. So, I copied my SD and Internal memory to a usb stick and figured I could get my contacts from there? But, not finding the contact file, I decided to activate the backup assistant (for the 1st time) and it synced my gmail contacts from the web (which I only had 5) to my phone and not the other way around, therefore I lost 95% of my contacts.

Question, since I copied my memory before I ran the backup assistant, won't I be able to swap out the contact file after I do the factory reset and get all my #s back???

Anyone know where that file is and if this will work?

Thanks for your time!
Rob

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to get them back if they've already been deleted. Have you done searches for similar problems on the forum? If you have your contacts set-up to auto-sync with Gmail, they automatically add back on after a factory reset/gmail login. Were they saved with your Gmail?

OP
L

latenightrob

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to get them back if they've already been deleted. Have you done searches for similar problems on the forum? If you have your contacts set-up to auto-sync with Gmail, they automatically add back on after a factory reset/gmail login. Were they saved with your Gmail?

That's the problem, I never used the backup assistant until now, and it turns out I didn't really set up my gmail correctly (by only having 5 contacts, I assumed it would save all my reply mail contacts...my fault) so, I have saved all the information via my usb (prior to backup) but don't know what file I can hopefully swap out to get my contacts back?