Last call out @dial screen

jaye712

Reaction score
How do u NOT make the last call # showup @ dial screen?after ics or 215(dont remember) it nvr showed up until two days ago.is there a setting for this? (Example)

ForumRunner_20120806_191822.png

DROIDRAZR(unrooted) ICS215

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Okay, I don't have the answer. Tell me. Just Joking. Mine does not do that.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Okay, I don't have the answer. Tell me. Just Joking. Mine does not do that.

Yeah.befour ics came along it always showed up,until the update n doesn't show,but all of sudden it is..hmm,i wonder if it had to do anything with me clearing out the phone callout/ dial data n cache

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, now that you mention it, I did have that problem on GB. It was very annoying because I would start putting in the number I wanted to call without paying attention and then wonder why my call would not complete or I would call someone else. There were a lot of "Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you" moments. It was a pain having to remember to clear out the previous call.

It seems that clearing data and cache would fix it. That was going to be my suggestion. Maybe you have some settings/data that are remnants from GB. If you did an FDR, did you use a backup program to restore settings? Did you restore system settings after an fdr? That may cause remnants of old setting/data showing themselves. But just speculating here.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Actually, now that you mention it, I did have that problem on GB. It was very annoying because I would start putting in the number I wanted to call without paying attention and then wonder why my call would not complete or I would call someone else. There were a lot of "Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you" moments. It was a pain having to remember to clear out the previous call.

It seems that clearing data and cache would fix it. That was going to be my suggestion. Maybe you have some settings/data that are remnants from GB. If you did an FDR, did you use a backup program to restore settings? Did you restore system settings after an fdr? That may cause remnants of old setting/data showing themselves. But just speculating here.

To be honest,i dont remember if i did anything different when i did a fdr..well,i DID delete the 215 zip out of my downloads(hmm,maybe that was it?)*gonna check on that**i tryed to figure it out at call settings but nothin so far.i wonder if another fdr will help this.since i had this phone i did a fdr only once.if nothing helps ill do the fdr agian that u recommended n not restore settings..it wouldnt lose my saved settings on certain apps would it?hmm,i should bckup jst incase lol

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Jaye here is a guide to backing up and restoring that might help make doing an FDR easier... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html .

When backing up data, I actually backup my system settings (just in case for some reason I need them) but I don't restore them.

Thanks for that n imma do that..ill keep u posted n see what happens..i even noticed now that some apps aint closing after i closed it already..imma try this now

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I did an FDR just before I got ICS, again after I got ICS, then again before and after I installed the .215. I was in the practice of doing FDR's when I owned my og Droid and would install ROMS or the numerous ROM updates. Anyway, since my last FDR, I now get better battery life than I ever have... so I firmly believe, they don't hurt! You go!:rockon:

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I did an FDR just before I got ICS, again after I got ICS, then again before and after I installed the .215. I was in the practice of doing FDR's when I owned my og Droid and would install ROMS or the numerous ROM updates. Anyway, since my last FDR, I now get better battery life than I ever have... so I firmly believe, they don't hurt! You go!:rockon:

Wheww.the fdr fixed it lol..another thing i gotta ask,can u fill me in on what roms r?the more i learn about this phone,the better..