Larry Page: “You Won’t Believe What We Managed To Get Done In This Release" (ICS)

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ice-cream-sandwich-logo.jpg

The folks over at Droid-Life just heard that during Google's Q3 earnings call, Larry Page said "You Won’t Believe What We Managed To Get Done In This Release." in reference to Ice Cream Sandwich. Now I was saying before that I think Android has taken over Apple as the new leader of innovation that the rest of the world will follow and I think this hints at that a little more. Who knows what else is in store with ICS but apparently, it's pretty big if Larry Page had that to say about it.

Via Droid-Life

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This got me really excited. We all knew this was going to be a big release for phones and tablets but this seems huge. Like I said, I think Google is now starting to lead the innovation aspect and the rest of the world will follow (Apple, Blackberry, Microsoft).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, from what I'm hearing about Siri, Google needs to to stay on its game because Siri sounds like it could threaten Google's near monopoly on search, at least on smartphones (well, only about 25% of them I suppose).

This sounds exciting though. The hardware acceleration alone is going to be something. I'm way past ready to upgrade. With GB it's just become services constantly restarting and my widgets are breaking or not updating as a result (which is kind of a big deal for my email widget and calendar widgets).

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree with the hype. But any claims that Google is giving Apple a run for their money need to adequately address the latest bit of not-so-pretty insider Google news:

Steve Yegge Google Platform Rant Highlights

EDIT: I just realized a quick read on my comment could be construed as Google+ = Android. Of course not, that's dumb. However, a closer read of Yegge's "rant" reveals some important insights about Google's product development culture -- his viewpoint is not complimentary, and if accurate raises some serious concerns.

-Matt

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Supposedly they overhauled the speech-to-text thingy, too. I'm anxious to see what that does combined with all that horsepower under the hood.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Larry's statement has gotten me more hype than any of the other articles I've read today!!! I'm really trying to talk myself down here, but I'm so anxious now!! I'm gonna have to make sure to watch the unveiling next week!

zwegan

Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting the first Liquid ICS rom for my Tbolt.

Or a BAMF one.

I am hoping it makes the phone even better than it already is (I love my tbolt)

Unless I have jumped over to a Vigor by then!

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Any word on if ICS 4.0 will have any hardware acceleration? Who cares if its 1 Ghz or 1.5 dual ghz if it doesn't have the hardware acceleration. That is what will make it as smooth as you know what.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Saying this after the 4s...has to be something superior. Otherwise they would look dumb

Maybe something new, or something better than what already exists..much better