Larry B

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Larry B, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Larry B

Larry B New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I am new to Droid Forum, but not new to forums in general. My problem: I have a regular Droid with OS 2.2. I receive mandatory updates from Verizon (Droid) and it says the phone will reboot in 7 seconds. Upon rebooting the phone downloads for about one half second and then locks up with a triange and exclaimation mark within. I cannot turn the phone off, on or anything. The only thing that works is to remove the battery and cold boot. Any thoughts?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like something is blocking the update. Are you rooted? If you are then you will need to remove the root to receive the update.

If that's not the case then do this. Got to you settings/privacy/and do a factory data reset. If the phone will still not update after you've done that then take it to Verizon and let them see what the issue is. It is after all their update.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! Sorry you are having issues. It appears that your phone is booting into the stock recovery. Did you change anything prior to the update?

Mike
  4. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    welcome to the Forum!! you're already in outstanding hands with Hook and Mike. if you can't resolve your issue, don't hesitate to post back. once you do solve your problem though, i hope you stick around and join in the fun!! :)