Large Screen Size

brute48

Reaction score
Are all of the company's making any phones with the smaller screens like the OG Droid or the HTC Inc? I know a lot of people like the large screen. But I would think that there are a lot of people like me who don't want to hold a tablet up to my head. Or try to stuff one in my pocket. It seems like all of the new smartphones are heading down that road.

jellybean420

Reaction score
Are all of the company's making any phones with the smaller screens like the OG Droid or the HTC Inc? I know a lot of people like the large screen. But I would think that there are a lot of people like me who don't want to hold a tablet up to my head. Or try to stuff one in my pocket. It seems like all of the new smartphones are heading down that road.

Thunderbolt and Bionic have smaller screens. There's a few more that aren't too big. I personally would never use a tablet for phone calls. But I like the screen on my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally would never use a tablet for phone calls.

I've done a few GV calls over my computer, just using my laptops internals speaker and mics, and it was pretty good, other than the volume on my speakers isn't nearly loud enough.

So I think there's potential for tablets, especially with a bluetooth headset. But in my experience there isn't a viable alternative "speakerphone" to a REAL speakerphone. They all pretty much suffer the same fail unless 1-2 feet directly in front of your mouth.

The only way I'd pay data for a tablet IN ADDITION to my smartphone would be if I had no home broadband.

MrKleen

Reaction score

Thunderbolt and Bionic have smaller screens. There's a few more that aren't too big. I personally would never use a tablet for phone calls. But I like the screen on my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

No they have bigger screens... and yes it seems to be the way they are going.

I understand you like the size you have but I bet you would change your mind with a little time with a larger screen!

I got used to my X REAL fast! When I look at my wifes D2 it seems so tiny.