laputa (the book reader)

Dalrint

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make book packages for this? I found the ones on the network but I have a lot of ebooks I wouldn't mind converting to use with this reader.

I was looking at the way the files are stored on my card, and I kinda get how, but is there some trick to it? Before I go wasting an hour trying to convert one of my books and having it fail. Or maybe some little program to convert it I haven't come across?

Greytail

Reaction score
I managed a quick and dirty conversion of a .lit book. It's not as pretty but it works. I did the conversion to .txt with Calibre and then made a bookinfo.xml file for it. It's all one big chapter, but it was just a test. I am going to see about splitting the file into proper chapters now to see what I have to do to get them to come out right. I wish the author of the reader would post something regarding the details of the books.

OP
D

Dalrint

Reaction score
I spent some time today fiddling with this and it's actually pretty simple.

Go into your ebook and copy each chapter into a .txt file, and save them in a specific folder. Go into one of the folders for a laputa book you downloaded and copy the bookinfo.xml into the folder with all your chapters, then open it in wordpad and rename the 'chapt01' stuff to go with the file names you named your chapters. It's kind of weird about spaces so I kinda recommend not using them.

Go on google and get a img of the cover of your book, then resize it to 80 x 102 pixels, then save it as pic.png in the folder.

Now copy that folder into the laputabooks folder on your SD card and laputa should read it!