laptop not recognizing Droid

PolarDroid

Reaction score
Only had my Droid for 3 days and just tried to connect it to my Toshiba laptop running Vista. When I attach it with the cord, windows starts to try and install drivers, but eventually fails. I can see a portable device E in explorer, but when clicked, asks for a disk????
Any suggestions to successfully connect the Droid to my laptop?
Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only had my Droid for 3 days and just tried to connect it to my Toshiba laptop running Vista. When I attach it with the cord, windows starts to try and install drivers, but eventually fails. I can see a portable device E in explorer, but when clicked, asks for a disk????
Thanks

On your Droid's notification window there will be a question asking if you want to mount your Droid (this is a pull down window). Reply yes and then it should load on to your computer. You will want to safely remove hardware on the bottom task bar and unmount it too when you're finished. This may not be necessary on a PC but it certainly is on a Mac. I would do it just to be safe.

Hackbone

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Did what hookbill suggested and worked great. Question, is there a way to delete multiple photos instead of one at a time?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Did what hookbill suggested and worked great. Question, is there a way to delete multiple photos instead of one at a time?

Really a whole different topic but what you need to do this with I believe is an app called Astro File Manager. Select Edit, Multi, tap the icons of the photo's you want to delete then back to edit and delete.

You should have some type of file manager on your phone, I just chose Astro because someone suggested it to me like I'm doing to you.:)

mbishop145

Reaction score
Laptop recognize e drive Droid

When you connect the droid, go to the notification window at the top. There will be a notification that the USB is connected, and you will want to touch the bar. when you touch the bar, you need to hit the "mount" button.That should open the connection.

OP
P

PolarDroid

Reaction score
Wow, I can see where this group is going to save me a lot of learning curve anguish....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the info and the folks that run this site.. I just successfully drug a couple albums to the Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can see where this group is going to save me a lot of learning curve anguish....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the info and the folks that run this site.. I just successfully drug a couple albums to the Droid.

It's a really good place to learn stuff. I learn somethings new every day and that wasn't a typo. It's plural.:)

Reaction score
Thanks

These drivers from Motorola may help http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Common/Drivers and Plug ins/USB_Drivers_32_bit_4.2.0.zip

also found here USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

LovePhD

Reaction score
Thanks
Have you tried to press the top of the screen (pull down menu/notification bar) and "Mount" your Droid in order for the computer and the Droid to communicate with each other?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Have you tried to press the top of the screen (pull down menu/notification bar) and "Mount" your Droid in order for the computer and the Droid to communicate with each other?

That makes 3 times this has been suggested in this thread. Do I hear a fourth?

Gary05

Reaction score
How can I transfer contacts and scheduling from my phone to my dell laptop and vice versa?