Lapdock

yoopermjm

Reaction score
So I am living the reason for the lapdock right now. It's a snow storm here and the cable is out which means my wifi is out and the computers don't work. If I had the lapdock already I would be totally fine. Can't wait to get it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EARL97850

Reaction score
I understand there is two options for a lap dock. Is that true?

Cya

Abadus

Reaction score
You can wired tether your PC fo free. Try it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jtpowell

Reaction score
When is the 500 coming out?
So I spent about 1/2 an hour playing with the lapdock attached to the store razr. I really wanted to love it. The idea is great but I'm afraid it's just not there for me yet at it's current price point. I did like being able to rotate the phone screen and go fullscreen for things like quickoffice. I liked the file manager. I wanted to like firefox and mostly did especially being able to install addons/extensions. In the end though it was just too sluggish and too much lag between my inputs. I think that really has more to do with webtop on the phone itself then the dock. Either webtop has to be updated or the price lowered to about $150 and then I'm in.

razrsedge

Reaction score
The lapdock was the decision maker for getting the razr over the other new smart phones. The scrunched keyboard took a couple of minutes to get used to, and I don't like the way the razr is tethered, but it has been the useful tool I was expecting. I take it to school for notes, because of its seven-hour battery life. I have a laptop, but with its two-hour battery life, it just stays at home connected to my big screen TV and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse (might as well be a desktop); whereas the lapdock I can take everywhere with its small size and long battery life.

Applications are great too, except I would appreciate any input on where I can get a terminal emulator app that accepts real control keys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

satarecah

Reaction score
yeah the the dumb things didnt cost more than 300$$ id be one the bandwagon other than that ive got a craptop i use for everyday stuff lol

jtpowell

Reaction score
300 you're getting ripped off. You can find Atrix docks (easily modded) on Ebay now for under $100 and the LapDock 100 is $200 not $300 and I wouldn't be surprised if that comes down soon too.

poolprez1

Reaction score
How do you wire tether for free? I have bionic and Verizon. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

jtpowell

Reaction score
How do you wire tether for free? I have bionic and Verizon. Thanks for your help.
You don't need to the phone can use it's own 4G.

I also broke down and finally got one. I heard that new Razr owners were getting $50 off accessories with their purchase. I went into the store and asked if I could get the same discount deal even though I was an early adopter. So, $150 later I'm the proud new owner of a LapDock 100. It performs much better then the demo unit in the store and with my Citrix Reciever and other web apps I'm a happy camper. At $150 it was a deal not to be passed up.

poolprez1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info JT. I have figured out how to tether my laptop for no additional charge so I'm not sure how much I would use the lapdock.

hankycbr

Reaction score
Can somebody teach a newbie how to tether my laptop for free as well? Much appreciated!