Lapdock Extension Cables

MightyT01

Reaction score
OK, so I was p*ssed that my Razr Maxx could not dock properly in my Lapdock 100 (like my Bionic) for ease of moving it around as a true netbook on your lap. I bought these two items:

Motorola Micro USB SKN6258 Adapter for RAZR2 V8 Q9m V9
Amazon.com: Motorola Micro USB SKN6258 Adapter for RAZR2 V8 Q9m V9: Cell Phones & Accessories

Micro-HDMI (Female) to Micro-HDMI (Male) Cable Adapter Type D Extension Cable
Micro-HDMI (Female) to Micro-HDMI (Male) Cable Adapter Type D Extension Cable | eBay

And voila! Success! dancedroid Razr Maxx properly mounted with these goofy cables sticking out. Pics are below:

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG

[FONT=&amp]
Looks kinda silly but I was glad it worked. Now maybe Moto can offer an extension cable or something, so it would look a little more slick.[/FONT] I can also attach these same cables to my Bionic HD dock with USB to use with the Razr Maxx to enable Webtop, but why bother. I have the Bionic for that. :happy3:

DougTerry

Reaction score
I have the same problem so I bought the two cables that you list, but it doesn't seem to be working. As I looked at your picture again, it seems that there are 3 pieces/cables to your solution.
What am I missing?

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you. Mine have worked great so far. Make sure you got the Motorola Micro-USB extension cable that I listed. I had another one that did not work with the Lapdock for some reason or another, but worked fine for just charging on the charger. Also, make sure that all connections are on there nice and snug. Sometimes having just a little play in the connection, especially with the HDMI cable can lead to failure to boot up. Booting up can also take a little time when first doing it so be patient.

There are no three pieces, just the two cables. The Motorola Micro-USB extension cable comes with a holding string on it for some reason. Click on the picture for a more detailed look.

Good luck and hope it works.

AEag42

Reaction score
Third cord for lapdock

I think he is referring to item both cords are plugged into coming from your phone, it appears to merge both connections into one cord. I was actually wondering where to find this as well....

AEag42

Reaction score
Nevermind, I see in some of the older lapdock's there is a cord coming directly from the lapdock the phone is supposed to plug into. Mine has a fold out tray with the connections for the phone built right it, with no cord.

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Nevermind, I see in some of the older lapdock's there is a cord coming directly from the lapdock the phone is supposed to plug into. Mine has a fold out tray with the connections for the phone built right it, with no cord.

Correct, both the Lapdock 100 and 500 use a tether cord to connect directly to your hdmi and micro usb ports. The extension cables allow you to actually use the rubber holder on the back for your Razr Maxx. The tether cord is too short for Razrs.

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

whippersnapper02

Reaction score
Question. So let's say later I buy a different phone in the future like the Razr Maxx or something similar, will these cables allow me to use my Bionic Lapdock for other phones?

OP
MightyT01

MightyT01

Reaction score
Don't see why not. Should work fine with the Bionic Lapdock. I have a Bionic as well and interestingly enough it fits better in my Lapdock 100 then my Razr Maxx and without the extension cables.

Sent from my rooted Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk2.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I believe for the lap docks to work it needs to be a Motorola smart phone. The cables themselves will work with any phone as long as they are the same connections.

MaxxFan

Reaction score
Adapter cables really not necessary...

Connect your phone to the lapdock 100 as usual, horizontally, screen facing you, connector on the right. Still holding in this position, rotate the phone toward the cradle until the screen is facing away and slide into the cradle FACE DOWN. The cable will "loop" a little and the phone will be face down, but you are using the lapdock screen anyway. The cradle is rubberized so it won't damage the screen...dancedroid

joannshapiro

Reaction score
connecting razr maxx to lapdock 100

It is possible to connect the razr maxx to the lapdock 100 by connecting the cable to the razr maxx first, then facing the maxx backwards and sliding the phone into the cradle. I hope this helps.