LapDock 500 updates

surge

Reaction score
I have the LapDock. I checked for updates in FireFox and it tells me to update Flash. When I click to update it asks for an OS. Can someone tell me what Flash update I should install? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

djembeman

Reaction score
None.

I'm pretty sure that you cannot update the Adobe FlashPlayer for your WebTop/LapDock. The only way that can be updated is through a Motorola/Verizon software OTA update. Your LapDock can only run the software that is on your phone and FireFox and FlashPlayer are set in stone until they push an over the air update or you find some file on the internet that people claim will update the WebTop Version that your phone has. Most likely this will not be just a WebTop update, but an entire phone update. In other words, I don't think you will just be able to download a .apk file.

That's what I understand the situation to be.

Droid Bionic, stock-rooted .902, 4Ever Root

Last edited:

jtpowell

Reaction score
Correct. You can not just update flash as WebTop is an application on the phone which will most likely require an OTA update for the entire phone. I'm not expecting to see any update, if at all, until ICS.

djembeman

Reaction score
Thanks.

Thanks for confirming what I was saying in less words.

I really hope that they update the Bionic Software to allow the 500 LapDock WebCam, Ethernet and VGA output. Maybe if they do this update before ICS, the RAZR would get an update with updated Flash? Who knows?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
ICS update for the Razr as well as the Razr Maxx will make a big difference for the LapDock 500 performance. I also have an original Asus Transformer which just went through an upgrade to its OS to ICS Android 4 which resulted in a big difference in speed as well as functionality. Since the LapDock 500 is but a docking station with no official OS when you phone gets an upgrade the unit will benefit from that upgrade.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
ICS update for the Razr as well as the Razr Maxx will make a big difference for the LapDock 500 performance. I also have an original Asus Transformer which just went through an upgrade to its OS to ICS Android 4 which resulted in a big difference in speed as well as functionality. Since the LapDock 500 is but a docking station with no official OS when you phone gets an upgrade the unit will benefit from that upgrade.

I have an original Asus Transformer and I didn't get ICS yet? WTF? How do i get ICS on my transformer? Also, when is razr getting ICS? I want to have google chrome on my phone!!!!!

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have an original Asus Transformer and I didn't get ICS yet? WTF? How do i get ICS on my transformer? Also, when is razr getting ICS? I want to have google chrome on my phone!!!!!

Settings/About Tablet/System Firmware Update/Check Update