Lapdock 500 Hardware Fully Functional on ICS Leak .2233

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the hardware on the Lapdock 500 that was previously non-functional with the Bionic, appears to function now with Webtop 3.0 in the .2233 ICS leak. I have personally tested the webcam (it even emits a light), and the OS detected the Ethernet port so I have to assume that is working too. Have not yet tested the VGA port but will soon. Webtop 3.0 rocks. The bug with video being inverted when the phone is in the cradle has been fixed as well.

Update: Just tried out the Ethernet port and it works as well. There's actually an icon for it now in the tablet notification bar. Planning to try the VGA-out with a projector at work tomorrow, and will report back.

Update #2: Tried the VGA-out today and it works perfectly. F4 toggles the display just like on a Windows laptop. So all Lapdock 500 hardware is now verified to be functioning on the Bionic under Webtop 3.0.

Last edited:

chuck54

Reaction score
Whats the lapdock 500? I have the lap dock for bionic, but it doesnt have any of those things mentioned

mleber

Reaction score
My 500 is not working with ics. it seems like it's trying to work when I plug it in, then the screen just goes dead. Razr maxx phone... Rebooted, still does not work, ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mleber

Reaction score
My 500 is not working with ics. it seems like it's trying to work when I plug it in, then the screen just goes dead. Razr maxx phone... Rebooted, still does not work, ideas?

I guess 12th time is the charm...it works now!

mleber

Reaction score
Back to not working again. Worked with GB, not sure what is going on. Anyone else having the inconsistency with Ics?

gbb0131

Reaction score
Doesn't work with my Bionic updated to ICE .2233 either. It tries to come up and gives an error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Doesn't work with my Bionic updated to ICE .2233 either. It tries to come up and gives an error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

The workaround is to use a third-party launcher, such as Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. For some reason the stock launcher is causing that System UI error in Webtop mode. I'm using Nova and it works great.

khdaze

Reaction score
Great tip!

The workaround is to use a third-party launcher, such as Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. For some reason the stock launcher is causing that System UI error in Webtop mode. I'm using Nova and it works great.

Thanks for this tip. I have been stuck with this error for at least an hour going crazy! Now my lapdock 100 works great!

xm1

Reaction score
I really liked firefox on the lapdock. I guess I like ICS better, even without firefox.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Has anyone found a list of new key commands with the ICS version of the lapdock? While I like the speed of 3.0 better, there were a lot of keys I used before that are now either disabled or different. The one I miss the most was the ESC key working like a back button. Now it pulls up voice input :(

I also noticed that some of the FN keys are not working, page down/up, and some others are very touchy depending on what app/screen you're on.

ydc

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the hardware on the Lapdock 500 that was previously non-functional with the Bionic, appears to function now with Webtop 3.0 in the .2233 ICS leak. I have personally tested the webcam (it even emits a light), and the OS detected the Ethernet port so I have to assume that is working too. Have not yet tested the VGA port but will soon. Webtop 3.0 rocks. The bug with video being inverted when the phone is in the cradle has been fixed as well.

Update: Just tried out the Ethernet port and it works as well. There's actually an icon for it now in the tablet notification bar. Planning to try the VGA-out with a projector at work tomorrow, and will report back.

Update #2: Tried the VGA-out today and it works perfectly. F4 toggles the display just like on a Windows laptop. So all Lapdock 500 hardware is now verified to be functioning on the Bionic under Webtop 3.0.

Thanks especially for Update #2. I had thought that my Bionic on ICS still didn't work with VGA out. Got it running with that tip!