Lapdock 100

grgguy

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and got a lapdock from Verizon. At $50 I think it was a no brainer.
What can it do besides surf the net? Is there a way to surf without it going to the mobile sites?
Are there any must have apps that I should get for it ? Any tips and tricks I should know about?

How do I add widgets and configure the home screen. The instruction book it came with is worthless.

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It should still work with Bionic.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
It does. In fact it works fine ! I can see.why people are upset that they have been discontinued .

Reaction score
Sorry for hogging up your topic. Anyways relating to the mobile site, I think most sites have on the bottom of their mainpage the option to change the layout to a full website.

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
Sorry for hogging up your topic. Anyways relating to the mobile site, I think most sites have on the bottom of their mainpage the option to change the layout to a full website.

No problem feel free to hog away and thanks for the reply.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Some do. And if you use a third party browser app like Dolphin, along with another download, it allows you to swap between mobile and desktop view.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

nitephlight

Reaction score
the bionic lapdock, if you can find one, has a nicer screen definitely. that aside, the keyboard on the lapdock 100 is sturdier, more shortcuts and device shape is slightly inclined. 100 also connects via cable rather than hard mounted dock on the bionic version (more versatile and fits all webtop phones). only other thing 100 has is the auto-disable of the trackpad upon external mouse detection. i have both these docks (got the 100 on sale myself :p) but i think the screen sharpness and slim profile of the bionic lapdock wins out.

i would use google chrome (and get yourself on an ICS leak if your not, webtop 3 runs MUCH smoother than the GB version). also def get yourself a decent BT / usb mouse the trackpads on these things are at times frustrating to use.

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
the bionic lapdock, if you can find one, has a nicer screen definitely. that aside, the keyboard on the lapdock 100 is sturdier, more shortcuts and device shape is slightly inclined. 100 also connects via cable rather than hard mounted dock on the bionic version (more versatile and fits all webtop phones). only other thing 100 has is the auto-disable of the trackpad upon external mouse detection. i have both these docks (got the 100 on sale myself :p) but i think the screen sharpness and slim profile of the bionic lapdock wins out.

i would use google chrome (and get yourself on an ICS leak if your not, webtop 3 runs MUCH smoother than the GB version). also def get yourself a decent BT / usb mouse the trackpads on these things are at times frustrating to use.

I'm on .242 right now and I'm doing all the things you mentioned . Running Chrome and going to get me a bt mouse . I read somewhere That a separate flash drive might come in handy? Would the lapdock be able to access it independently of the phone or would it show up as an extra drive ?

It's definitely a nice little piece of hardware. Great for surfing, texting and emailing . I'm still trying to figure out other uses for it though.
One thing I didn't like is that the NFL Mobile app won't work in webtop mode . What's the deal with that ?

Last edited:

penman

Reaction score
also def get yourself a decent BT / usb mouse the trackpads on these things are at times frustrating to use.

That is why I got rid of mine. Bought it for $50 a few months ago and used it a few times but the trackpad is just horrid on it. I had it on the ICS leak so it was 3.0, but still wasn't amazing. So I sold it to someone for $80. Funny thing was he didn't even have a Bionic yet just wanted to be prepared.

OP
grgguy

grgguy

Reaction score
That is why I got rid of mine. Bought it for $50 a few months ago and used it a few times but the trackpad is just horrid on it. I had it on the ICS leak so it was 3.0, but still wasn't amazing. So I sold it to someone for $80. Funny thing was he didn't even have a Bionic yet just wanted to be prepared.

A true business man !