Language issues with Google.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by bass_lover1, May 23, 2010.

1. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Umm, why is google defaulting the language to Spanish? I don't speak, let a lone read Spanish, so why is this the default?

I'm using Maps to look up some places around downtown, and when I tap more info to bring up a google search on the place, it's in Spanish.

Where do I go to fix this, it's quite annoying. And now, it's not just the Internet app, I tried Skyfire and it does the same thing.
  2. droidweb

droidweb New Member

Go to Settings > Language and Keyboard > Select Locale and select English. That should fix your problems
  3. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Tried that, still in Spanish.

If I type Google it loads in Spanish, and gives me the option to switch to English. Annoying, but fixable. However, if Google is opened from an application (maps in my case) it will load in Spanish. The option to switch to English is there, but it brings me to google.com and not the page I was viewing.

Ok, I think I've narrowed it down, and it only happens on my home Wi-Fi, not when on 3G.
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. captainblk

captainblk New Member

I have this same problem. It seems to occur only on my home network. Any ideas. I am wondering if it might be a DNS problem with my Internet provider.
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 language settings

how do you change the language on a droid incredible

how to change language droid incredible

htc droid incredible change language