Landscape Home?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by vwpanda, Dec 16, 2009.

1. vwpanda

vwpanda New Member

What do I need to do to get the home screen to switch to landscape automatically without opening the keyboard - then back to portrait when I turn the phone? I thought GDE might do it, but it doesnt either. This is the most annoying thing about my phone. Thing is rooted and I got adb working and have some c++ programming and *nix experience (dual boot a couple computers with Ubuntu and have a Debian server) so I can handle some basic edits if thats all it takes. But I have no idea where to start. I'm ready to nerd out on my nerd phone.
  2. LosAngeles

LosAngeles New Member

I know Home++ in the Market does this. But I would like to keep my phone default but also have this feature without having to install a home replacement app. Have you tried out Home++?
    [​IMG]

If you try it.. to enable landscape on the home screen you'll need to go to preferences > screen preferences.. then check Orientation under display settings
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. vwpanda

vwpanda New Member

I played around some more. Tried OpenHome and it has an option for switching orientation and is overall awesome. Played with GDE some more too and found the option there. I recommend open home though, its pretty awesome.
  4. Jaylor

Jaylor New Member

Most Home replacement apps let ya do this from what I've seen.

I personally love Home++, it keeps everything pretty much stock but gives you a amazing 'powerbar' on the bottom of the screen and up to 7 screens.

But it doesn't get along well with Handcent, which I hope will be fixed soon.