Landscape Home?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Aboli, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aboli

Aboli New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Twitter:
    Aboli
    What do I need to do to get the home screen to switch to landscape automatically without opening the keyboard - then back to portrait when I turn the phone? I thought GDE might do it, but it doesnt either. This is the most annoying thing about my phone. Thing is rooted and I got adb working and have some c++ programming and *nix experience (dual boot a couple computers with Ubuntu and have a Debian server) so I can handle some basic edits if thats all it takes. But I have no idea where to start. I'm ready to nerd out on my nerd phone.

2. me just sayin

me just sayin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +4,700
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    generally speaking, check your phone settings and go into accessibility. there should be a selection for auto rotation. for specific instructions for your specific phone, post your phone model. the current phone model in your profile does not help

3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +10,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z2 Force
    Welcome to the Forum. . As previously stated this is usually a simple setting in your phone's Settings menu, normally no custom coding or programming needed. And as stated, each phone is different with different Settings menus. This is just an example, your phone may be different, but on my phone that option is in the Launcher Settings menu as depicted in the attached picture. As me just saying stated, knowing which phone you have would help provide the best answer. But more than likely this is a simple On / Off option in your Settings menu somewhere.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk