Lame Rumor Claims the Samsung Galaxy Note III will be a 6.3-inch Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-II-natural-with-pen.jpg

We have no problem calling this latest rumor bogus right off the bat. Supposedly, Samsung will launch the Galaxy Note III sometime in the fall, and it will come with a 6.3-inch display. Although we have seen an obvious trend toward larger devices, and we don't doubt the possibility that Samsung would create a 6.3-inch device, the idea that one of their newest success stories would suddenly be transformed into a hulking bloated whale is ludicrous. A 6.3-inch device is just over a half-inch in size away from a full-blown tablet! That's just silly!

More than likely, if Samsung is coming out with a gargantuan device like this, it will be a new spin-off with a completely different name. Also, they will likely market it first in Asia where these larger devices have seen the most success. For the sake of thoroughness, it should also be shared that this "non-G-Note 3" device will supposedly come with Samsung's new eight-core Exynos chip. We would not be surprised at all to find this chip in the next G-Note device, and we suspect it will also show up in the actual G-Note 3 (that will likely have another 5.5-inch display).

At any rate, if they do come out with this "ultra-phablet/almost tablet" monstrosity under a spin-off name, what sort of name might it actually have? Speculation leads the imagination to wander in multiple directions. The first thing which immediately comes to mind might be the "Samsung Galaxy Note Elephantine."

Take note of this... you heard it here first! {sarcasm and pun fully intended}.

Source: Androidandme

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The only way I'd believe that is if the entire front surface was a screen with zero bezel around the edges.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Huawei has a 6.1" on the way and I'd love to see a 6.3" Sammy hit the streets but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. As a side note I remember when I thought a 4" screen was the sweet spot for phones now it seems so minuscule :)

whippleman

Reaction score
As a side note I remember when I thought a 4" screen was the sweet spot for phones now it seems so minuscule :)

No kidding! When I first got my OG Droid all my friends always said they couldn't believe how big the screen was and now my bionic is starting to feel small. Its funny how fast technology is improving but the better stuff right around the corner always seems to take forever. :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Shouldn't they market them as sub-tabs.

Maybe wrong but marketability is a stretch (pun intended)

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've had the Note 2 for a couple of weeks and somehow it no longer seems big! If the next fits in my pocket, I'll take it!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I look forward to the day we have foldable/rollable/expandable screens. Actual production units can't be far off with where flexible screens and edge-to-edge displays are.

Asus will dominate assuming with a phone that is a real transformer.