Lagging screen?

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a lagging screen? I also feel like I type too fast for my screen, the letters don't register as fast as I type. I've tried different keyboard apps but it's still an issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Though I have never tried kb apps, I frequently find my screen lagging. Sometimes if I just shut my screen off (put the phone to sleep) and then wake it up, it helps. Have you tried swipe??? It put a band aid on my texting issue. One of the moderators will probably be able to help more. I did notice though, when my phone had this problem, in the dark I noticed a dim led notification red in color. It may not be related, but it seems to be.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Stephie Marie

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
I did try swipe and I can't get it down. It took me a while to even be able to use the touchscreen, I'm used to slideout keyboards. It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it keeps up w my speed and sometimes it doesn't. I guess I'll have to just deal w it.

I'm so sick of having to press the screen numerous times for it to register tho. Like just now within this forum app I had to press the topic 3 times before it opened.

OP
Stephie Marie

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
Oh and I would have threw this thing out the window w/o different kb apps. They allowed me to make the keys bigger, spaced apart more, etc. So I'm more accurate. What a NIGHTMARE it was before. I use Smart Keyboard and LOVE it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Oh and I would have threw this thing out the window w/o different kb apps. They allowed me to make the keys bigger, spaced apart more, etc. So I'm more accurate. What a NIGHTMARE it was before. I use Smart Keyboard and LOVE it.

I know how u feel on that. I am always having the typo issue. But I've yet to use a kb app, not saying its not a good idea, just that I haven't used one.

I have to ask, do you have a case on your phone? I have an otterbix that has a screen protector on it, and I was using another screen protector under that. It was giving me similar issues to yours. I removed the screen protector, leaving the otter box protector, and it helped some. My phone does work great naked though. But that's not an option because I don't want to risk damage to my phone, or scratches on my screen.

Imho they should have a screen sensitivity setting. Also found that keeping my screen clean, helps....

I feel your pain, the double and tripple tap.... is getting very very old. I'm upgrading to the maxx and a slew if new problems tomorrow.... I hope not, keeping my fingers crossed!!!

fito_l4

Reaction score
I was the same way with physical keyboards, always ensured that my phone had one. Once I switched to the Bionic I tried the virtual keyboard for a while and then switched to Swype. Took me a couple of weeks to get used to it, I would just give it some time and you'll get the hang of it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was the same way with physical keyboards, always ensured that my phone had one. Once I switched to the Bionic I tried the virtual keyboard for a while and then switched to Swype. Took me a couple of weeks to get used to it, I would just give it some time and you'll get the hang of it.

Yeah its a little different... but u can use swype the same way you use multi touch. I had to get used to it because of the issues with multi touch on the DX2 after the gb update.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way about Swype but I have decided to give it a try. I'm hoping that I will pick it up soon. Best of luck to you on your key board issues!!

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

edwards2243

Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way about Swype but I have decided to give it a try. I'm hoping that I will pick it up soon. Best of luck to you on your key board issues!!

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

FlexT9 is another good swype style keyboard. I was able to get it for free at the amazon appstore, but after becoming addicted to it, would happily pay for it. Instead of having pop-ups for word recommendations, they're above the keyboard...hard to appreciate until you use it.

OP
Stephie Marie

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
I know how u feel on that. I am always having the typo issue. But I've yet to use a kb app, not saying its not a good idea, just that I haven't used one.

I have to ask, do you have a case on your phone? I have an otterbix that has a screen protector on it, and I was using another screen protector under that. It was giving me similar issues to yours. I removed the screen protector, leaving the otter box protector, and it helped some. My phone does work great naked though. But that's not an option because I don't want to risk damage to my phone, or scratches on my screen.

Imho they should have a screen sensitivity setting. Also found that keeping my screen clean, helps....

I feel your pain, the double and tripple tap.... is getting very very old. I'm upgrading to the maxx and a slew if new problems tomorrow.... I hope not, keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I have a hard case on my phone but no screen protector. But I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I was thinking how annoying it would be to do a phone swap then reset all my features. My old Droid2 had the best screen sensitivity, never had to tap twice. And they SHOULD have a setting for the screen, exactly.

As for the keyboard issues, I'm fully satisfied with Smart Keyboard. After trying about 3 different ones this is the only one that has made me not want to switch back to a slideout keyboard phone.

Now if I could just figure out why as many times as I hide the preset VZW contacts in my phonebook they reappear eventually... it's always something!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a hard case on my phone but no screen protector. But I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I was thinking how annoying it would be to do a phone swap then reset all my features. My old Droid2 had the best screen sensitivity, never had to tap twice. And they SHOULD have a setting for the screen, exactly.

As for the keyboard issues, I'm fully satisfied with Smart Keyboard. After trying about 3 different ones this is the only one that has made me not want to switch back to a slideout keyboard phone.

Now if I could just figure out why as many times as I hide the preset VZW contacts in my phonebook they reappear eventually... it's always something!

Yes indeed, it's always something. They say that there's an it's update coming soon....... don't wanna get your hopes up, but its supposed to help with several issues.... keep your fingers crossed. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

OP
Stephie Marie

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
No u did help, I feel way better knowing it's not just my phone. Fingers crossed for that update!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No u did help, I feel way better knowing it's not just my phone. Fingers crossed for that update!

All of us have been crossing fingers, toes, eyes, you name it.... hope it comes soon.

OP
Stephie Marie

Stephie Marie

Reaction score
I was just reading in another post about manually downloading an upgraded version or something, but I'm gonna wait to get the notification via VZW. My luck I'll download something and screw up my phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was just reading in another post about manually downloading an upgraded version or something, but I'm gonna wait to get the notification via VZW. My luck I'll download something and screw up my phone.

I'm only gonna say this..... yep, you sure can, but if you want to have less problems.... imho... I would just keep checking my phone for oat's.... stay on the path. Unless you are phone savy. If you are, then I'm sure one of these nice people will provide you with the link. ;)