Lag

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by Lolee71, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Lolee71

Lolee71 New Member

My droid x2 is so slow when trying to make a call. I hit contact and select the number to call and my phone will become unresponsive some times taking up to 5 minutes to place the call. Heaven forbid I tap call more than once because my phone will place the same phone call over and over. Most of the time I get so aggravated waiting that I use my boyfriends $15 phone to make the phone call. Does anyone else have this problem and is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Turn your phone off. With it off holds volume down + power until "fast boot" appears at the top of your screen. Then press volume down 7 times until "android recovery" is at the top. Press volume up once to select it. Now at the next screen press volume up + volume down together. In here scroll down using the volume key and wipe cache partition with power. Then reboot, see if that helps. If not a data wipe/factory reset may clear it up but this will cause you to lose all data etc and will basically return your phone to an "out of the box" state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. Lolee71

Lolee71 New Member

That did not help but I really appreciate you teaching me how to do that. When I completed all if the steps without messing my phone up I actually had a big head for a second because felt like for once I was smart enough to own a smart phone. I have had to do a factory reset on it once before and it sucked so I an going to put it off a little longer. Thanx again that was great!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums
  4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

first you should post in DX2 forum, this is D2

some lag is just part of moto phones, but there could be a hardware issue, not much you can do about that, unless you have a warranty or willing to take apart

could be software, if factory reset didn't fix, you could try flashing a .sbf factory image file.
    factory reset, only wiped user data, and resets factory defaults, if a system file is missing, reset may not fix that
    or you could root, and flash eclipse 2.3, and will run better than stock
    learn how to flash sbf with rsd lite HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
    watch a video about it How to video's. sbf, root, nandroid backup, and restore
    use 2.3.5/1.3.418 sbf and RSD Lite 5.7 my instructions

if you want to root use [How To] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418
    HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of X2

and many more links in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs

e
    dit: of course you should check, menu/settings/about phone/ system version is it 1.3.418...? if not please post what it is
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  5. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Moved to Droid X2 forum

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
Search tags for this page
droid x phone call delay
droid x slow making calls

droid x slow to dial

droid x2 call delay

droid x2 lag

droid x2 lag fix