Lag

creaky

Reaction score
For some reason, after installing nightly 42, my phone started to lag a bit. Animations, especially, were not as snappy (momentary pauses in Angry Birds, some hesitation when returning to home screen, a bit of time for the notification bar to load). These aren't game changers but they are a little annoying and I was smooth as silk when I was on nightly 30, the last one before I had 42. This may not be a CM7 issue but I thought I'd post here for starters.

Still experiencing the problem. So far I have:

-wiped dalvik and installed nightly 44
-wiped data and cache and restored backup of nightly 30
-wiped dalvik and installed 44 again
-overclocked to 1400
-removed apps that are recent
-installed custom memory scripts
-battery pull

Anything else that can be done, short of sbf and starting over? I'd really prefer not to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again.

Last edited:

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Honestly I think you're oc'ing too much and it's actually causing the system to slow down. Then screen can't catch up to what the processor is telling it to do.

OP
creaky

creaky

Reaction score
Thanks, cubsfan. I tried a couple of different CPU settings including stock and underclocking at 900. Problem persists. Errrrrr - frustrating.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well maybe try a factory reset. Yeah it's a pain sometimes to reset everything, but it usually helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums