Lag problems.

x25064

Reaction score
Ever since 2.1 was pushed I have seen nothing but a sharp decrease in my phones overall performance.

My biggest issue is the keyboard. I use the default messenger and the virtual keyboard together. On 2.0 this ran fluidly, which was the exact reason why I reverted to the default messaging from handcent. Now it lags worse then it ever has. I have not changed a single thing except letting the phone push the update which I am now regretting more and more each day. I want it to work fluidly with FULL FEATURES like it was before 2.1, so please do not suggest I disable auto correct and all of that nonsense.

Is there anything anyone has found to resolve this issue? Will rooting and overclocking my phone resolve this problem, or is it simply the new UI?

The incredible is looking pretty damn good about now..

Christobal

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I posted it in another thread. Someone kindly suggested I empty my cache:

I would clean up your Cache - that was my issue. I downloaded Quick App Clean Cache which makes it much easier than going from program to program to do it manually.

This seemed to help quite a bit. Give it a try and post back your findings.

Good luck,

C

cuskit

Reaction score
Twice I've had a serious lag since 2.1 - both times clearing cache (especially in Documents to Go) fixed the problem.

Is there an app which will automatically clear cache on a pre-set schedule? mikey

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Eh, didn't really resolve any issues with me. Wasted a dollar.

JLB09

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and I posted it in another thread. Someone kindly suggested I empty my cache:

I would clean up your Cache - that was my issue. I downloaded Quick App Clean Cache which makes it much easier than going from program to program to do it manually.

This seemed to help quite a bit. Give it a try and post back your findings.

Good luck,

C

It helped with the issues I was having so thanks for the tip.

wil318466

Reaction score
for you guys having lag... are you using Helix launcher?

I'm starting to suspect something is going on here. Reset the home launcher, goto your hom screen, do you see icons on any of your home screens? Delete them. go back to helix. Is the phone faster?

Starting to think it has to do with the mixing of 2 different "homes".

JLB09

Reaction score
for you guys having lag... are you using Helix launcher?

I'm starting to suspect something is going on here. Reset the home launcher, goto your hom screen, do you see icons on any of your home screens? Delete them. go back to helix. Is the phone faster?

Starting to think it has to do with the mixing of 2 different "homes".

I am not using Helix Launcher - never have used it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
restart the phone. Like a regular computer, your Droid will tend to bog down the longer it stays on. I usually restart my phone every 2 days. Doesn't hurt to have a little down time either.