Lack of memory? Reboot?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kzmania, Mar 3, 2011.

1. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm wondering what you guys do when the phone is running out of memory. It seems like it's very slow sometimes and even reboot when playing graphic games. Does this mean you should increase the overclock speed? or decrease? Any tips on clearing memory? I do get redraw every once in a while too even after using the fix script. Thanks!

2. speakercode

speakercode Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried something like CacheMate? That will clear a lot of the caches in your system and free up a good deal of memory. Also, deleting unused/unwanted apps will help.

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    The best thing you can do for your phone is to reboot it once every day or so. This will clear all the caches that will affect your sluggishness. It isn't the lack of memory that is causing the slow downs.

Here's a little writeup I found that does a quick and simple description of how the android os manages memory:

How Android Manages Processes

In Android, processes and Applications are two different things. An app can stay "running" in the background without any processes eating up your phone's resources. Android keeps the app in its memory so it launches more quickly and returns to its prior state. When your phone runs out of memory, Android will automatically start killing tasks on its own, starting with ones that you haven't used in awhile.
    The problem is that Android uses RAM differently than, say, Windows. On Android, having your RAM nearly full is a good thing. It means that when you relaunch an app you've previously opened, the app launches quickly and returns to its previous state. So while Android actually uses RAM efficiently, most users see that their RAM is full and assume that's what's slowing down their phone. In reality, your CPU—which is only used by apps that are actually active—is almost always the bottleneck.

4. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I clear my dalvik cache by deleting all the .dex files in /cache/dalvik-cache

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much guys. Appreciated.

Search tags for this page
android boot up out of memory

android lack of ram

android memory reboot

android run out memory reboot fix
android runs out of memory and reboots