Lack of cool and/or stylish cases?!?

inevittable

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is severely disappointed with the lack of "cool" cases that are available? I looked really hard and almost pulled the trigger on a Seidio case, but honestly $30 for a flat black case (or other color for that matter) just doesn't cut it for me.

I hate to say it, and maybe it's because it has such a head start, but the iPhone selection of cases is so much more impressive.

Somebody get on some artistic/cool designs for good Droid cases!

Thoughts???

xliderider

Reaction score
What's cooler than real carbon fiber?

Check out this thread, discussion of the current group buy starts on post #55. Hurry and decide though, the group buy closes on Frideay, 01/29 at 2pm Central Time:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/9900-case-no-slide-out-keyboard-feature-6.html

Sample pics below are for G1 cases:

SDC10159.jpg

SDC10083.jpg

These are still wet but it shows the example of all the colors.
SDC10375.jpg

SDC10372.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
Those are mightly cool, and I wish I had $60 to throw down for a custom case, but unfortunately I do not.

I was hoping for some more mainstream options, but I like where you head/product is at!

Any other suggestions Droid forum world?

70dustpan

Reaction score
I just got the Verizon holster and it's pretty cool since the phone gets to stay naked but still held on my waist.

I got it on Ebay for $10 shipped. It's an OEM holster, too. Not bad. Of course, I've always loved the holsters ever since my Startac days.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool and stylish are very subjective and tend to come at a price premium. It's really just a matter of time. Accessories don't appear instantly out of nowhere. There are more and more accessories for the Droid as time goes by -- same as it was for the iPhone, or any device for that matter.

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
Cool and stylish are very subjective and tend to come at a price premium. It's really just a matter of time. Accessories don't appear instantly out of nowhere. There are more and more accessories for the Droid as time goes by -- same as it was for the iPhone, or any device for that matter.

Totally true and very valid points. Maybe I was just hoping for too much too soon? It would be great if people would post up interesting/cool/stylish/etc cases here as they come across them!

Murz

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at iPhone cases yesterday for my girlfriend (commence stone throwing now) and noticed that there are some pretty cool cases. I ended up getting her a SwitchEasy Colors, would be nice to see SwitchEasy come out with Droid cases, they are very nice. I think part of the problem is that the Droid has a slide out key board, so its harder to make cases for it. Im sure eventually we well catch up though, the iPhone has had a nice headstart.

naman919

Reaction score
I've always eyed the wooden case for the iphone that this company offers: Miniot

Looks kinda cool imo.

One for the Droid would be cool, obviously restricting the use of the physical keyboard.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is severely disappointed with the lack of "cool" cases that are available? I looked really hard and almost pulled the trigger on a Seidio case, but honestly $30 for a flat black case (or other color for that matter) just doesn't cut it for me.

I hate to say it, and maybe it's because it has such a head start, but the iPhone selection of cases is so much more impressive.

Thoughts???

Someone on the forum mentioned a website called GeleSkins.com yesterday. I looked it up and they have a lot of different designs of $14.95. It's pretty much your basic case but the designs are great, in fact you can even design your own. You might check that out. I really like them. Good luck.

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score

Thoughts???

Someone on the forum mentioned a website called GeleSkins.com yesterday. I looked it up and they have a lot of different designs of $14.95. It's pretty much your basic case but the designs are great, in fact you can even design your own. You might check that out. I really like them. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, they are pretty cool. FYI the website is GelaSkins.com

tktouch12

Reaction score
i wish there were better cases too, but it has partly to do with the fact this phone is a slider.

OP
I

inevittable

Reaction score
Still looking for more cool suggestions like gelaskins.com. I know there must be more out there right??