Lack of colors in display?

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I have owned my Original Droid since day 1 and it took me this long to find this.

I tried to put this image as my wallpaper:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5463/wallpaper362412.png

The problem is, the colors "separate" on the droid display, its not a smooth transition between the color shades. What gives? Is there anyway I can fix this? I have seen other phones using this background and in their screenshots it looks normal.:icon_evil:

Fenway72

Reaction score
Curious about this too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Fenway72

Reaction score
I had a problem with this phone so they sent me another phone. While waiting for the replacement, I figured out what was wrong with this one so I didn't need the replacement.
I decided to activate the other one while I had it to check something, and noticed that the display on the other one was awful compared to this one. The colors were almost low res! There was no "fading" from light to dark colors. Same picture, same phone model.

My phone is a Droid 2, deodexed and running the black glass 928. The new phone is a droid 2 obviously stock and untouched.

I hardly think that the root and theme increases the display quality, so is this enough info for someone out there to figure out this oddity?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App