Ksoftirqd/0 causing constant 25-35% CPU usage

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Viktorr, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Viktorr

Viktorr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm having an issue with a process called ksoftirqd/0 keeping my processor at a constant 25-35% and draining my battery too quickly. I've done google searches on it but it turns up little to remedy the issue. I did get it to stop once because of a WIFI setting I had set in JuiceDefender was causing it. Was good for a couple days but it's back again, but for a different reason that I can't figure out. I haven't used WIFI for a couple days now so it's not that. Rebooting doesn't help. Nothing in the OSMonitor logs seems to be pointing to anything conclusive that I can understand. Anyone have any ideas? I'll see if I can upload the log if someone has something they can view it with.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

2. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
  3. Viktorr

Viktorr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I guess what I'm needing to know is if there is a way to find out what exactly is causing ksoftirqd/0 to run.

EDIT: Attaching a screenshot of cat /proc/interrupts from terminal emulator on my phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Attached Files:

4. Viktorr

Viktorr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, I still don't know what was causing it, but I SBFed my phone back to factory and rerooted / ROMed. Seems to be fine now but only did it a few hours ago so will see how it acts over the next few days.

5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's odd.....keep us posted.

6. Viktorr

Viktorr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, after rebooting today due to not being able to download emails for some reason, the ksoftirqd/0 problem came back. Going to restore to stock / rooted and see if that clears things up. If not, I may have to SBF and stay unrooted, which will suck.

EDIT: Just finished up restoring back to stock / rooted and it's back to normal again. I wonder if something in the ROM (Squidly) or Theme (Kinda - Watermark'd) is causing the issue. Will see how things go again from here.

EDIT 2: Installed Liberty ROM with WatermarkD theme. Already see a difference in the dmesg and logcat logs. A lot less warnings (virtually none) and no errors except for buffer overflows so far. Everything seems to still be good so far.

7. Viktorr

Viktorr Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So far, so good with the Liberty ROM up to this point. Will give it a few more days before I decide to stick with it completely.

To Squidly: Loved your ROM and hope you continue to improve it, but if it contributed to my issues with my phone and battery life, I'll accept a lesser program (even Stock (*shudder*)) to get a better result.

I've got nothing against the Liberty ROM, but I do prefer Squidly's.

Search tags for this page
android ksoftirqd
android ksoftirqd high cpu
ksoftirq process

ksoftirqd

ksoftirqd android
ksoftirqd cpu load redhat 6.3
ksoftirqd ð°ð½ð´ñ€ð¾ð¸ð´
ksoftirqd/0
ksoftirqd/0 android
ksoftirqd+cpu usage