krack attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
no it is not a game but a wifi vulnerability that affects just about every single wifi device out there.
Without going into too much detail, the exploit — being dubbed KRACK Attacks — involves taking control of the third step within a 4-way handshake that’s needed to verify each client has the correct WiFi password. When taking control of this step, the attacker can intercept data and even reroute traffic.

But although this thing can hit any and everyone, one particular subset of Android users will be especially vulnerable to a variant of the attack which can also inject ransomware or malware into, say, websites you visit. This variant only affects Android 6.0 users, but that’s still a whopping 41% of the user base.

above stolen from
New WiFi exploit can steal information from nearly every WiFi device in existence

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hopefully router manufacturers get patches out quickly to customers, but until then I'm not too terribly worried. There will always be another new vulnerability, another new possible way to hack someone else's equipment, etc., etc. It's part of modern life and no point in letting it scare me back to the dark ages...in my opinion. If I see a strange person in a strange van outside my house, I'll assume he is intercepting my WiFi signal and is malicious. I will unplug my WiFi router at that point and deal with him.

Thanks for sharing the info. . People need to be informed (and hopefully the Internet of things doesn't overreact.....again).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I agree, generally there is not much to worry about and I don't think I have any neighbors to worry about.

the thing about updating routers is a lot of them will have to be manually updated. how many non-techs would know to do it.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.