1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

kovicons need your help!

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by Koveleski, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Alright, so I've got a huge, huge.. did I say huge?.. list of icon requests that have been coming in. Too large for me to ever accomplish in a timely fashion on my own. But YOU can help! First, check out the list of requests: here. <-- that's a link to a google doc.

So here's how you can help. Download one of those apps, pull it off your phone and get me the icon.png from inside. Also, run the application and then pull the logcat and send me that so I can grab the activity name. OR, get the activity name yourself and reply to this thread with the name and the image attached.

I'll add more instructions shortly if you are unsure how to do any of this.

Edit:

Ok, so we'll use Opera Mini as an example for finding the activity in a logcat.

Code:
    I/ActivityManager( 1213): Start proc com.android.voicedialer for broadcast com.android.voicedialer/.VoiceDialerReceiver: pid=4906 uid=10035 gids={3002}
    I/ActivityManager( 1213): No longer want android.process.acore (pid 1982): hidden #16
    I/ActivityManager( 1213): No longer want com.handcent.nextsms (pid 1553): hidden #16
    I/ActivityManager( 1213): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x10000000 cmp=com.opera.mini.android/.Browser bnds=[0,131][480,227] }
    I/ActivityManager( 1213): Start proc com.opera.mini.android for activity com.opera.mini.android/.Browser: pid=4918 uid=10046 gids={3003, 1015}
    The fourth line has the juicy stuff we want. 'Starting activity: Intent' is typically what you can search for in the log file in order to find what we need. So in this case "com.opera.mini.android/.Browser" is the activity name of Opera mini. If you really want to be helpful, format it correctly before submitting. The way to do that is to change the periods to underscores and just omit any forward slash thus leaving us with 'com_opera_mini_android_browser' as the final submitted activity name.

Now, I also need the icon image. If you have never set up adb before, I'm going to explain a cheat version that will allow us to bypass that. We will need a file explorer that allows us to see /data/app and I'm going with Root Explorer. (Honestly, its the best thing ever - so you should pay for it and get it.) I navigated to data/app and found the apk for Opera which was named 'com.opera.mini.android-1.apk' (the dash-number doesn't really matter). Long-press and select copy, navigate to sdcard and paste. Now we can just mount our sdcard and pull the apk that way without having to screw with command lines or setting up drivers.

Once you've got the apk on your computer, right-click and extract it to a folder (I recommend 7zip). Now search through the /res/drawable folders until you locate the png that is the icon. Then you can simply attach that to your post along with the activity name. Thanks for any assistance and feel free to post an app that isn't even listed in case you had a request as well.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Holding pattern delta.
  3. $mitty

$mitty New Member

I'd love to help, but I'm an ignorant user and have no skills.
  4. destinydmm

destinydmm New Member

Stock Icons

Here's a couple stock icons that can help. I'll try and get the logcat info on them.
  5. destinydmm

destinydmm New Member

More icons
  6. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

hey i would love to help but i dont know what to do
  7. calihorn

calihorn New Member

Here's a couple more

Have a couple more for you. Wasn't sure on the renaming of the icons. Also not sure if you want all icons if they have multiple resolutions.

Winamp
    com_nullsoft_winamp_MusicBrowserActivity

Appbrain
    com_appspot_swisscodemonkeys_apps_AppsActivity

Weather Channel
    com_weather_Weather_activities_WeatherTabsActivity

Lookout
    com_lookout_ui_Dashboard

Angry Birds
    com_rovio_angrybirdscom_rovio_ka3d_App

Alchemy
    me_zed_0xff_android_alchemy_Main

View attachment 19749
  8. ehkamp

ehkamp New Member

TuneIn Radio
    tunein_player_Main

Note Everything
    de_softxperience_android_noteeverything_NoteEverything

Google Search
    com_google_android_googlequicksearchbox_SearchActivity

DroidForums App
    com_quoord_tapatalkdrodiforums_activity_EntryActivity

My Verizon
    com_vzw_hss_myverizon_main_activity_HomeScreen

Battery Left
    com_preinvent_batteryleft_app_MainApp

Droid X Bootstrapper
    com_koushikdutta_droidx_bootstrap_Bootstrap

For icons that were availible in multiple resolutions, I've attached the highest.
Search tags for this page

activitymanager no longer want