1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Koush's First REAL Eclair ROM. v1.0.2 with new NexTheme

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jrummy16, Mar 10, 2010.

1. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I don't see too much stuff on here about Koush's rom so I thought I would post this for those who don't know too much about it. I personally just tried out his rom earlier today and am very pleased with the stability and speed it offers. I also applied a brand new theme called the NexTheme that only currently works with Koush's recovery image (see images below for rom and theme).

Flashing a new recovery image was the thing that kept me back from trying out this rom but after doing flashing it the process is actually super easy. All you have to do is download his app called Rom Manager from the market and it flashes the image for you. I flashed the image, installed the rom, installed the theme, reflashed sirphychos sprecovery and made a backup in less than 20 minutes.

As for a short review of the rom I am very impressed with the stability of launcher2 (no fc and no reboots for over 4 hours now) and love the theme which lets you install any app next to the launcher button (which I didn't do in the pictures below) and adds two extra screens. All live wallpaper works great and you have an overclock option of 1000mhz (I'm sure this could be changed by flashing a new kernal). I haven't tried JIT yet on this rom but I know Koush has a link up to do it at his forum at alldroid.

Just a thought but after reflashing sprecovery I was thinking why couldn't someone make a nandroid backup of the rom so others can install it without dealing with Koush's recovery (Koush's recovery doesn't permit nandroid backups/restores) ... (edit: I did this myself.. anyone can download this rom with the nex theme using sprecovery here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/29277-jrummys-koush-remix-rom-nex-theme.html)

Well, if you are a flashaholic like me I suggest trying out Koush's rom if you haven't allready. Sorry if this has been posted before. Here are the links and some pics.

Recovery: ClockworkMod recovery image v1.6.0 - 3/8/2010

ROM: [ROM] First REAL Eclair ROM. CyanogenMod. v1.0.2 3/6/2010

NexTheme: [Release] NexTheme - Droid Port - Koush/Cyanogen Mod 1.0.2 - Update.zip

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. 713King

713King New Member

i cant seem to be able to boot into his recovery, i tried his Rom Manager from market and doesnt work i tried manually using Terminal and still doesnt boot into recovery. All it does is stay on Motorola logo and goes into black screen for a couple of seconds and reboots again into M logo, then i tried manually turning the phone on again using X+Power and still does the same crap. Is there another way i can try to get it to work because i like the way the recovery looks and how his rom is, looks amazing!
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Haha...it's nice isn't it! This is funny actually cause I just wrote a big long sermon on here the day I tried koush's ROM lol
  4. Tatootie

Tatootie New Member

Question...from the rom manager can you download the rom and install it right from within the rom manager, similar to droid mod?
  5. jrummy16

Yes, it's that easy :)
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Nah the rom is not available from within the app yet...the button is there it just doesn't work yet. Koush is working on providing OTA updates of his rom in the near future!!!
  7. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

Did you have to install a different kernal to OC? or is the one installed with the ROM OC ready?
  8. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

I"m currently running his 1.0.3 JIT enabled rom using the HEX-Fusion Cyanogen MOD theme
    its quick for sure

-=Jason=-
  9. Flomaster

comes with a kernel capable or 1Ghz

-=Jason=-
  10. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

OC kernel is built-in, and its the only kernel compatible for this ROM....it OC's to 1GHz
  11. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 New Member

This rom would be perfect if the stock live wallpapers were interactive using the original home. Every other ESE53 rom has this feature exept koush's. The only way to get stock interactive wallpapers, that I am aware of, is to use the 2.0 launcher which doesn't work right in landscape mode.
  12. agent42o

agent42o New Member

One word... WOW! Stable launcher, great customization, fast as hell. Not a big fan of the recovery but I am not in there that much.
  13. Flomaster

I think I am going to switch back to the 1.0.2 rom and loose JIT it MIGHT be causing me to lag and reboot. but its GREAT for benchmark numbers

-=Jason=-
  14. cms5423

cms5423 New Member

Yeah the 1.0.3 JIT update causes way too many soft reboots. Although it did increase speed, I went back to the 1.0.2 and I'm very happy with it
  15. Flomaster

I just switched to the regular HOME not the 3dlauncher and its smoken fast again with no issues since my last post... so far so good... I shall leave JIT enabled and just use the regular HOME

-=Jason=-
  16. ipawd1

ipawd1 New Member

I just want the png icons from it..
  17. HMJB

HMJB New Member

The 2.1 custom launcher from the theme is real nice. Got the Phone, browser, SMS and Gmail on it and so much room on main screen now. Only been an hour so far but Ill post later on stability with the 2.1 launcher. I don't particularly care if it can do more than 1ghz or not.
  18. jrummy16

Has anyone tried to flash a ESE53 kernal on this with different oc speeds?
  19. Flomaster

so we can use that 2.1 launcher the nexus one guys are using?

-=Jason=-

@ jrummy16 from what I understand it WILL NOT work
  20. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

I've been on this ROM for about 3 days now using the 2.1 launcher and have had ZERO issues in fact I havent had anything give me a single force close or reboot. So why would you even want to use the old home launcher on this ROM. Koush spends WAY more time than other devs making sure his ROMS are a stable as they can be and honestly I have NEVER been on a smoother running rom then his. I also dont have to update to a "new version" every couple of days because of all kinds of "bugs". In fact this is one of the main reasons I am choosing to stay with Koush from now on. I know his work is quality and I know my phone will be stable on it.

And yes I have tried, Pete's, AdamZ, and Chevy's ROM's and nothing has been as stable/fast/smooth as Koush's! Love this ROM! Im running the cyanogen/hex theme on mine :) very nice looking! I included a few small pics of my setup!
Search tags for this page
eclair rom

i1 rom