Koush Updates His Carbon Backup Application To Add Support For Non Rooted Users

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Carbon-1-650x381.png

Developer Koush has released an update to his Carbon app, the app that allows you backup your phone to a list of different cloud apps including Google Drive and Drop Box. The update includes support for non-rooted users by way of a desktop app. The computer application allows both rooted and non rooted useres to backup important apps and app data. This is very handy when switching devices or installing new roms. Koush always releases top notch stuff. He is responsible for the creation and distribution of ClockWorkMod on just about every Android device that has ever existed! He also has recently released DeskSMS which allows you to receive text messages from your phone on your PC, and a tethering app. With those kind of credintials you know this new backup service is going to be premium. This is beta and the beta will expire on January 30 so you better grab it quick!

Download

Via Droid-Life

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is there a way to purchase this app or something from the Play Store? I'd like to be able to support this guy. He's delivered so many great apps. I love free stuff but when someone keeps giving and doesn't expect payment, its someone that deserves to be supported.

Oh never mind, I found his Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/EscDxBaCKdc Free unlimited and a Premium paid version Thats a good guy right there!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read about this yesterday. This was the main reason I rooted my device. I needed to refresh my phone, but didn't want to lose my data. Now that I'm rooted, I guess I'll stay that way, but good to have this here for next time.

S

SEGA