Knox

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if anyone is running knox on their note 4 and have you seen any set backs using it. I mean does it really slow your phone down and kill the battery?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Are you referring maybe to the My KNOX app? Knox on its own is part of Samsung internals

VIA SONY BETA MAX

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Yes sorry i mean my knox will the note 4 handle it. I want to try it out but not if it will slow my phone dont alot.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think the phone should handle it without issue. Worst case if you notice negative effects just remove it. Let us know if you do try it! I'd be curious what you thought of it.

Note 4Tified

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm curious to hear as well. I was attempting to set it up so that I could have my VPN and remote desktop to my work machines secured in the Knox container along with work email/etc, but I couldn't figure out how to do it if there's a way. So, my work stuff overlapped my personal stuff anyway. I don't HAVE to get work emails when I'm not there, so I don't worry about that and I took the VPN and RDP off of the phone since I've got it setup on my tablet and Laptop anyway.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I do not have the My Knox app on my Note 4 Edge. Was this an optional download?

Actually, I don't have any Knox apps installed in my app drawer. I'm just going to assume it was incorporated into the Private Mode found in my Settings app?

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
So far i have it all set up now i just have to start adding emails etc and so i can put it to the test. Now i did see when it gives you the other apps to add facebook was not there. I have two pages one for family and friends and one for work. I hope once i add a email then go to the play store i will be able to download it.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score

Actually, I don't have any Knox apps installed in my app drawer. I'm just going to assume it was incorporated into the Private Mode found in my Settings app?

Mine did not come with the phone i went to the play store and downloaded it so you might have to do the same.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear as well. I was attempting to set it up so that I could have my VPN and remote desktop to my work machines secured in the Knox container along with work email/etc, but I couldn't figure out how to do it if there's a way. So, my work stuff overlapped my personal stuff anyway. I don't HAVE to get work emails when I'm not there, so I don't worry about that and I took the VPN and RDP off of the phone since I've got it setup on my tablet and Laptop anyway.
Hopefully someone will chime in and help get you setup im still in the start of seeing everything my knox can do.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's strange. It should have come stock & preloaded on all late model flagship Galaxy S devices. (S5, Note4, S6)
I turned mine off.
DtbzJxI.png

I'm rooted so I can't use mine anyway, but let us know what you think.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

If you look in application manager under all you should see it there. It's a background service that won't show in the app drawer.

Note 4Tified

Last edited:
OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
I have a Verizon note 4 and i had to download mines from the play store.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hmmm that's strange. Can you link us to the app you downloaded? (Just for craps & giggles)

S5 tap'n