known ud10 app issues?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Big Ry, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

so i rooted and put ud10 on my droid last night and basically my battery would last 2 hours on full charge with 0 use. i keep wiping and reloading but im having the same issue. i believe the issue is related to an icon on the taskbar that says "loading data". it never finishes loading whatever it is that its trying to load. on a fresh install (no restored apps/data), i have no issue. when i only restore apps, but not data, i get the issue. then i tried only installing a couple important apps (handcent, GV, kitten cannon, apktor, appbrain, astro, mybackup pro, titanium backup, copilot, google docs) and i had no "loading data icon". so i went and tried to install all apps again, and BAM the little f*cker is back! so what the heck is causing it! ive got a number of live wallpapers, soundboards, utilities, games...all have never givven me an issue. are there known conflicts with ud10? how can i figure this out?
  2. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Anyone? I went and tried installing all one by one in astro and the market. I got maybe 20 installed and was having no issues. Then I restarted just to dump ram and that icon popped up! What gives?
  3. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek New Member

Did you wipe data and cache TWICE before installing?
  4. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

yup, twice on both for every install i did (3-4 installs)

i think i may have isolated the issue. i went through each one by one in task killer and it looks like its weatherbug elite...guess ud10 doesnt like that app. which sucks, cause i love the app :(
  5. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

There's something wrong with the UD10 rom. I had it on my phone for about a week and like you, my battery drained at a ridiculous pace. I was overclocked too so that might be reason for the battery dying so quickly. But some other issues since installing the rom was that my phone would never go in sleep mode when I pressed the power button and my led light wouldn't flash on new messages. I ended up going back to stock 2.01 and the led light flashes like before, and I can easily put the phone in sleep as normal. Then not before long, that over the air update hit my phone and I'm now updated to 2.1 like the rest of the world.

I initially went back to stock because I want to swap out my phone for some other issue, but the phone works like it should without the UD10rom. I miss the 3D launcher, 3D player, and other apps though. But I'll probably go back to it once I get my new phone or some other rom.
  6. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

looks like it was my version of weather bug elite that i had. i tried each app one by one and thats the oe that seemed to be the issue. i have a newer version now and it seems to be working fine now...40% left since i took it off the charger at noon, thats pretty normal from my experience in the few months ive had it.
  7. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek New Member

[Hijack]

Has anyone else experienced their battery dying overnight while the phone is powered off? Oo. It's really weird, I was at 70% last night, powered it off and back on this morning and it's down to 20%. Im running UD10.
  8. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Same exact problem i've had but since then i've been charging to 100% and haven't been losing as much, maybe 20% less.

has anyone had a problem with text messages? all my incoming are completely blank. uninstalled handcent. reinstalled. rebooted 5 times in between. now using stock message app and still blank texts. anyone have this issue?

running UD v10 for a few days now.. first time it happened
  9. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

If you're powering off at night, why not remove the battery? The juice can still leak out even with the phone off. I don't power mine off that long, so I don't know.

I don't have any text issues with handcent except getting double texts from some people sometimes. I think its either my phone or maybe 2.1. I also cannot freaking get live wallpapers to work since the 2.1 update. I can use them, but they end up freezing fairy quickly. And some don't go into landscape mode, such as earth rot and galactic core. I experience this issue on 2.1 stock, 2.1 running helix launcher, and now UD10.
  10. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

nevermind its a issue with tmobile sending texts to verizon phones at the moment