Knock on doesn't

eshef

Reaction score
My LG G2 suddenly doesn't knock on. Knock off still works, but not the on. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a solution?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you done any modifying? Are you rooted?

on the move..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you have not modified or rooted your phone, backup your data and do a factory reset. Let us know if that resolves your issue.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and haven't modified anything. I hate doing a factory reset! I'll let you know how that works. Thanks for the quick response.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jeffrey took care of you. If you're not rooted, there is a hidden menu you can access through the dialer. In this menu you'll be able to update touch firmware and this usually fixes the issue. Unfortunately if you're on Verizon, you can not access this menu because they removed it.

on the move..

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Of course! Dear old Verizon! Guess I'll have to try the reset.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Well it got to the point where it told me that the display was (I forget the word they used, but they meant broken) and it was switched to push both volume buttons to answer the phone, shut off the alarm, and a few others. No way, so I did the factory reset. Didn't help, so I went to the Verizon store and after listening to my tale of woe they ordered a replacement. Will be here Monday. I've never had a refurbished phone, what do I have to look out for?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well it got to the point where it told me that the display was (I forget the word they used, but they meant broken) and it was switched to push both volume buttons to answer the phone, shut off the alarm, and a few others. No way, so I did the factory reset. Didn't help, so I went to the Verizon store and after listening to my tale of woe they ordered a replacement. Will be here Monday. I've never had a refurbished phone, what do I have to look out for?
Refurbished phones are sometimes hit and miss. You may even get a new one instead depending on the availability of returns, however I've had both success and failure with refurbs. Don't settle for new problems, if the phone you get acts funny, demand a replacement immediately.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my G4. It works maybe 85% of the time, exactly as you described. Off works 100% of the time.

OP
E

eshef

Reaction score
Darn, I was thinking about getting the g4 when my contract was up, but if it's having that problem too I may rethink that. It started with just the knock on but now the top 1/4 of the screen mostly doesn't respond at all - the reason I'm getting a replacement.