Klipsch Image S4i earphones with mic

r0tt3n

Reaction score
boy - i hope the person you spoke to was just ill-informed. Otherwise, that is just sad. Anyone who's ever used an iphone 3gs while running knows exactly what I'm talking about. You can't change the song while you're moving without in-line controls, and no android device seems to suppor the three-button, volume up, volume down, one click for pause. two clicks for skip forward, three clicks for skip backward functionality. In its absence, I simply cannot recommend any android over an iphone. My $0.02.

Jejackson

Reaction score
I remember using the Klipsch S4 a while ago. I remember they didn't work as intended, like they would on the Iphone, but they did work. I think the Volume buttons didn't control volume but just changed the song, and I think the pause button worked. I hope this was helpful.

justin090435

Reaction score
I've been using apple headset for the ipod touch/iphone. This is the only product from apple I like. They have an inline mic with a button that will pause music, answer and end calls. These things are more durable than you can imagine, I've put them through the wash and dryer 2 times (not on purpose) and they still work great.

Jejackson

Reaction score
I've been using apple headset for the ipod touch/iphone. This is the only product from apple I like. They have an inline mic with a button that will pause music, answer and end calls. These things are more durable than you can imagine, I've put them through the wash and dryer 2 times (not on purpose) and they still work great.

Your also not getting a full range of audio from those either...I don't know the exact number but I think those only go to 12khz. Average human hearing range is 20 Hertz - 20 kilohertz. Try on a pair of in ear buds that cost $80+ you will hear the difference

mettech

Reaction score
Klipsch Image S4i still does not work as suggested with Froyo?

Any updates on Klipsch earbud?

LightingGuy1456

Reaction score
Nothing REALLY works

I have been searching for a decent pair of Headphones with an inline Mic and controls. And from my search, there are many discrepancies between what is advertised as Compatible vs. what truly IS compatible. I have tried the Klipsch S4i AND the Shure 115+ headphones. Both have SUPERIOR sound (although I prefer the Shure better), HOWEVER! When using BOTH sets of headsets with the Mic, I have discovered that both the inline Mic AND the mic on the phone are disabled. I tested this for using Voice Commands, and while on a phone call. I would NOT recommend purchasing EITHER of these.

I wish there was a PERFECT headset out there with advanced Controls and a mic in in-ear format. But even at the Verizon corporate store, they could not recommend a good one.

My recommendation, find some headphones you love and just talk loudly so the Phone's mic can pick you up.

lvleph

Reaction score
The pause/play/skip/previous/answer/hangup all work. I cannot confirm that the mic doesn't work, since my ROM has a bug with the mic. The volume rocker does not work. One little tidbit that I have noticed is that to get the phone to recognize the buttons I have to push the volume up and the volume down buttons at the same time twice. Once I do this the play/pause etc all work.

This is using my Droid Incredible 2 with MIUI 1.8.19 and the stock kernel.

EDIT: Okay, it appears that the way to get the headphones recognized to control the android device is to hold + and - for a couple seconds and then push the play button. The mic still doesn't seem to work, but I still think this is a bug with the kernel. Volume up and down also doesn't work, and I think this is just how it is going to be. Everything else works.