kitkat

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
From the different videos regarding kitkat, it looks like moto/Google decided to make this primarily a "background" update and not touch the ui at all. :(

Try to root the old bionic and put kitkat on it for my kids to play with.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We can only guess. No dates have been released, only the announcement that we will get it.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I heard that it will come out in late 2014 or sometime this year. It might come out earlier. Probably in June. Hopefully it will come out earlier. We have been waiting quite a while already since the release of the of the new Droid line (Mini, Maxx, Ultra).

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Soak test for Droid RAZR M for the KitKat update is currently in session. Update is expected in "weeks" according to Motorola.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Soak test for Droid RAZR M for the KitKat update is currently in session. Update is expected in "weeks" according to Motorola.

Just curious...where did you hear that soak tests started?

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
He is right. You all should expect it very soon.

Sent from my Moto X DE

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Can hardly wait for the problems it will make. Already heard of linking problems with Kit Kat and other things. I will try to put this off and see what problems occur before taking the upgrade. How again do you block OTA upgrade?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Can hardly wait for the problems it will make. Already heard of linking problems with Kit Kat and other things. I will try to put this off and see what problems occur before taking the upgrade. How again do you block OTA upgrade?

Hopefully there are not too many issues. I am optimistic that the lengthy delay means Moto & VZW are doing a thorough test run. I don't know if you can block it without being rooted (not sure if you are or not). I think you can clear the OS Upgrade notification for a few weeks (maybe less??) until it automatically downloads & installs. Hopefully some Razr M owners will download it right away and post there results / opinions, etc.

en28so

Reaction score
Hopefully there are not too many issues. I am optimistic that the lengthy delay means Moto & VZW are doing a thorough test run. I don't know if you can block it without being rooted (not sure if you are or not). I think you can clear the OS Upgrade notification for a few weeks (maybe less??) until it automatically downloads & installs. Hopefully some Razr M owners will download it right away and post there results / opinions, etc.

I'll install it as soon as it's available. I bought a used Droid RAZR M with the latest software and it's not unlocked (not that I can do it) or rooted, so I got nothing to loose.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Nothing to lose except possibly pairing to you car :) I've seen that one a god bit.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing to lose except possibly pairing to you car :) I've seen that one a god bit.

True, BT connections sometimes get "out of whack" after OS upgrades. I use a HX550 and a Roadster, so i'll see how the pairing works after the update; without unpairing first. When my Bionic updated to JB last year, I had to completely re-pair it with the Roadster.

lwags67

Reaction score
True, BT connections sometimes get "out of whack" after OS upgrades. I use a HX550 and a Roadster, so i'll see how the pairing works after the update; without unpairing first. When my Bionic updated to JB last year, I had to completely re-pair it with the Roadster.

With an 82 Stingray Corvette with 235,000 miles on it and still running hard (replaced/rebuilt EVERYTHING) what is bluetooth? :biggrin: