Kitkat is here, now I can't get rid of visual voice mail

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I was able to disable the app without rooting the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Blacklions

Reaction score
I have this same issue after upgrading. I like visual mail and was paying for it from Verizon... now it's free but doesn't work lol

Called the igmos at verizon and they said they don't have any reported issues and they'll have to reset my vmail and I'll lose all messages - I didn't want to do that but went with it. After about 35 mins and reseting couple times and subscribing and still not working the very intelligent customer support or tech lady puts me on hold again. Comes back on after about 5 mins and says she looked again and there's an unresolved issue with vmail and just to wait for another update from Samsung.

Thanks verizon tech lady for wasting my time and reseting my vmail for no reason. It's amazing how brain dead some of these people are...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

labboypro

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts on different forums with people saying they can't disable the VM app. I'm not sure how or why, but when I had this problem yesterday after updating, I was in my App tray, tapped and held on the VM icon, and dragged it up to "disable app" on the top of the screen, and it worked just fine for me. I'm running 4.4.2 stock Note 3, Verizon, with no modifications to OS or Launcher. So, I'm not sure why others can't do this?

What am I looking to disable? In Settings | Application Manager, I don't see anything that is obviously "voicemail" ??

Blacklions

Reaction score
They finally updated the visual mail and works fine now ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I had the visual voice mail problem also, had to contact VZ level 2 so they could update my profile settings, nothing I could do fixed it They had to go through a couple of passes to resolve my notification problem. I hope they fixed their system problem prior to general release of Kit-Kat or they will go nuts with calls.

TrueFangz

Reaction score
What am I looking to disable? In Settings | Application Manager, I don't see anything that is obviously "voicemail" ??

Tap on your app tray, look for a red icon that says Voice mail. That's how I did it. If you prefer to go into your application manager, make sure you swipe over to "all". You may just have been filtered on downloaded apps.

Last edited:

TeeKay1

Reaction score
So now you can disable apps without root? I feel like I'm in a parallel dimension.

Cee

Reaction score
We got the update on our phones yesterday (Samsung Note 3) and we liked our voicemail the way it was so we went to the Verizon Store and the rep said VZ had likely signed a contract with Samsung and now VM is changed whether we want it or not and that I can't use the VM icon to simply dial VM like it once did. I have to press and hold 1 on the keypad. That's fine but I liked being able to do that via the icon on my homescreen.

giofighter99

Reaction score
Same issue - I set the app to hidden to avoid accidentally signing up. Am I the only one that is annoyed that the "haha got you!" button exists at all? I understand that it's a business, but why is your perma ad plastered above my normal voicemail button? Is verizon that hard up for cash?

It feels like a trick more than anything helpful.... which seems shady.

msavant

Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered by the fact ANYONE who can access your phone can easily access your VMs through this stupid app? There is no way to PW protect it, or remove it, and you have to call them to actually have it turned off even AFTER you said you didn't want it? I never had the problem of getting constant notifications. I clicked no, AND had the account holder (on a family plan) remove it, yet it's still there. I could PW protect my phone, but I don't want to do that just because of this app.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Is anyone else bothered by the fact ANYONE who can access your phone can easily access your VMs through this stupid app? There is no way to PW protect it, or remove it, and you have to call them to actually have it turned off even AFTER you said you didn't want it? I never had the problem of getting constant notifications. I clicked no, AND had the account holder (on a family plan) remove it, yet it's still there. I could PW protect my phone, but I don't want to do that just because of this app.

Have you considered an app locking application from the Playstore? I am using one until Lollipop arises with profile switching.