KitKat is Finally Here... Leak is Being Posted...

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
On another note with this KitKat Flash/Rom/Odin Update...

If you are noticing that you are having problems with your SD Card, try installing this FolderMount. This will bring back the functionality that you had in Jelly Bean, that is missing in Kit Kat. :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thank you KA ...I just flashed the deodex version which includes fix by beans ..

N3 tap

jsandy

Reaction score
HELP! OK, I'm a dumb a**. I was doing a walk through of Beanstown106 Retail Instructions. ★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC2][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/DeOdex [04/23/14]★ - xda-developers

I'm running a Verizon Note 3 that has been rooted and running safestrap. I have not downloaded either the ROM or firmware in the above instructions yet. I was in safestrap and touched the "button" for "Reboot into Download mode" For some reason I thought that this would take me to a screen where I could select the firmware down load (after it was downloaded..like I said I was walking through the steps). Instead I'm in Odin Mode with the green robot. There is a dire warning Downloading....Do not turn off target!!

I've been stuck on this screen for about 40 minutes now with nothing happening. If it matters I was not in the stock ROM at the begining of this "adventure" but rather was running Jellybeans ROM. I have no idea what is being downloaded (if anything and am scared to death to attempt to try to turn it off or reboot it. Did I just create an $800 brick?

Last edited:

steeletown

Reaction score
There is a video on how to install it in the op. You have to flash from safe strap and odin

jsandy

Reaction score
OK. Fixed it. Read a little more on the net. Pushed volume, power and home. got a screen that told me custom os could damage phone. asked me if i wanted to continue or cancel. Hit cancel and it rebooted normally.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Glad you got it. .. have you used Odin b4? You can check if phone connects to it b4 flashing firmware. . Let us know if you need help

N3 tap

jsandy

Reaction score
I need help again. Followed the video and got everything running perfectly. Used Ti Backup to get everything restored. Rebooted and went to install bootstrap 3.72. Using the link in the instructions I down loaded and in stalled. It said 3.72 in the lower left corner. I rebooted but the safestrap screen didn't come up. Rebooted but this time the phone didn't come back on. I pushed the power button and nothing. I tried volume/power/home and the phone will not come on. Battery was fully charged just before downloading safestrap. unknown downloads was checked. Any idea what happened and how can i get my phone on?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Did you get the phone running? Battery pull should of got it going. .. did you try to reboot from SS app itself? Bc there are a few known issues as it's still beta..

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • [v3.72] Sometimes the installation doesn't work correctly. If you don't see the splashscreen after a rebooting. Install Safestrap again. (DEBUGGING THIS AS I GET TIME)
  • [v3.72] Busybox is now required for the Safestrap APK to work correctly
  • [v3.72] ROM-SLOTs aren't supported yet
  • [v3.72] "Reboot Recovery" doesn't work in the APK
  • If you don't see files on "Micro SDcard" for some reason try tapping that area and swapping to "Internal Storage" and then back again.
  • No Aroma installer support. This is due to the stock Note 3 kernel framebuffer. To build a recovery which worked, it needed QCOM patches. So will Aroma.
    If you try a .zip file with an Aroma installer, it will most likely just hang.
  • If you use the "4way reboot" mod, then "Reboot Recovery" button in the Safestrap APK won't work correctly.

N3 tap

jsandy

Reaction score
After working on it for hours I finally remembered to pull the battery. It would not boot but with power/volume/home I was able to get into Odin mode. Reflashed the kitkat rom w/o sucess. I gave up and used Odin to get back to stock MJE. Now I am having trouble rooting the phone using KINGO (that's what I used before) I've checked usb debugging and kingo recognizes that I am connected but the drivers won't load. The circle spins and spins. I've tried two different cables (the usb 3.0 that came with the phone and a usb 2.0 that I had from an older phone). Any ideas?

jsandy

Reaction score
I got my rooting issues solved.The latest Kingo would not work. I found the link to an older version (1.1.6) double checked that I had the latest drivers and everything works now. Confirmed root and installed the safestrap version I had on my sd card (3.70) and that works. I'm going to try to install the kitkat Rom but think that I'll wait on re-installing the newer safestrap until its debugged a little more. Now if I'd only remembered to move my Ti backup to my sd card...sigh. As the man said, "Life's tough but Its tougher when you're stupid

NOVICE

Reaction score
Please, please, please:

Can anyone telling me the advantages of moving on up to KitKat. Not trying to be contrary. My Note 3 is presently working flawlessly and I have a bunch of apps on my SD card.

What will I gain.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
EVERYONE... If you're looking for directions on "How to install NC2", or "How to Downgrade to MJE from KitKat", or "Looking for a working version of Kingo" Please, Please, Please, read the BEGINNING of this THREAD SHOULD BE READING POSTS 1 through 19... All this information is in here, take the time to read it.:welcome: