Kit Kat yet for LG G2?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Said it before and I'll say it again. I'm happy with the operation of my G2, and I don't want to break it for KK. I'll stay where I am

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It seems to have changed the reception... It had better reception than my Maxx.. Now it appears worse.. Dropping to 3g alot in spotty areas and max is holding 4g. Before kk the g2 held 4g in these areas too .. Rebooted.. Hope it will improve..

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
It seems to have changed the reception... It had better reception than my Maxx.. Now it appears worse.. Dropping to 3g alot in spotty areas and max is holding 4g. Before kk the g2 held 4g in these areas too .. Rebooted.. Hope it will improve..
Like any VZW version upgrade, they gotta break it first before they fix it with updates. LOL

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
If rebooting does work, and you're still not happy, I always do a full restore after any major upgrade. If I do upgrade to 4.4, I"ll perform a complete return to stock after the update. Maybe that's left over from my ROM install days of performing a wipe cache, but I've noticed I always have problems if I don't. Weird little issues will pop up. It's always best to start over again when upgrading to a new Android version. My 2 cents.

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Well, after using my G2 this weekend with the Kitkat update, here are my impressions.

None.

Don't notice any differences. Obviously there are some changes in the UI but I don't see anything performance wise. G2 was, is, and remains an excellent Android phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If rebooting does work, and you're still not happy, I always do a full restore after any major upgrade. If I do upgrade to 4.4, I"ll perform a complete return to stock after the update. Maybe that's left over from my ROM install days of performing a wipe cache, but I've noticed I always have problems if I don't. Weird little issues will pop up. It's always best to start over again when upgrading to a new Android version. My 2 cents.

Same here man.. Same here.. In fact I always do a fdr before and after the updates..... Talk about over kill huh? Lol

YellowJacket

Reaction score

Same here. Probably why my battery life is a little worse too.

Doesn't seem to be a problem on my wife's G2 though. She has KK to on hers. 3 4G bars on hers, two 3G bars on mine and they are right next to each other.

David

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Same here. Probably why my battery life is a little worse too.

Doesn't seem to be a problem on my wife's G2 though. She has KK to on hers. 3 4G bars on hers, two 3G bars on mine and they are right next to each other.

David

Isn't it funny how two identical devices can function so differently? All it takes is a slightly better soldering job on one.. One or two connections... It's really weird.. But makes sense... #goQualityControl.. Not.. Lol