Kindle for Android!

Dragoro

Reaction score
Its that mod thats causing the probs. You can read more about that prob on the mobileread kindle forum.

merge5

Reaction score
Thanks. I had a feeling that might be the issue. Love Kindle on my other dedvices.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Snoking

Reaction score
I have a problem with Kindle book system! If I buy a real book, when I am done with it, I can give it away, sell it or loan it. Kindle is more or less an one use deal. Some of the other devices on the market allow more flexibility in this area. Kindle does have a really neat display, but it is just a book reader. Gmail would be nice to have, oh while you are at it, how about a browser. Wow, Droid does those things and more. Would we get tried holding the Kindle to our ear to talk on it?

Chris

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
Where do you find the free books? I wanted to test it out. Never mind, I figured it out. Sort Lowest to highest cost.

Looking at a free book. Not that bad. Question, how is battery life while reading a book? Unlike the Kindle that only requires power to turn a page, this uses power to display the text.

Chris

Last edited:

Jer

Reaction score
I wonder why there's no Nook app? I mean, it is Android based & uses Google books and all and is their answer to the Kindle so why do we have a Kindle app before a Nook app?

jnev

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with app rendering books correctly? Mine are all crazy characters and no text. Running Cyanogenmod 5.0.8

Thanks!

YES! I am also running CM 5.0.8. Are there any known fixes yet? I was really looking forward to the kindle app being released, so this is a big problem...

Kias

Reaction score
Runs great on Sapphire 0.6.2! Haven't seen a fix in CM yet...

Kias

Reaction score
I wonder why there's no Nook app? I mean, it is Android based & uses Google books and all and is their answer to the Kindle so why do we have a Kindle app before a Nook app?

I think Amazon released Kindle for android to get a jump on google. The kindle app is missing text search and in-app book purchases... But that'll be added in a future upgrade.

Google is in the process of creating "Google Editions" It's suppose to let us read our book from any internet connected device. It's suppose to launch early July. An app for it is probably in the works. (Although I can't confirm that yet...)

I'll bet ya barnes & noble will have a 'nook' like app as soon as sales plateau on the nook.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I went to the web site for Kindle troubleshooting regarding search functions on the Android version. There was an email for questions, so I asked about the search ability. This is copied from the reply to my email from their tech support,

"I didn't know that Amazon had a Kindle app for Android until you mentioned it. What I did was the basic search functionality of the Kindle (K2, DX) to create direct verse jump. Then Amazon started releasing half-baked software for PC, iPad, Android that has no search functionality at all. Without it my DVJ does not work. My advertising was based on real Kindles. The software was not even released then. Please raise this with Amazon. Maybe they will listen."

I still enjoy the app and I know Amazon enough to know they will continue to ad to this app in the future.

iPirate

Reaction score
I downloaded a "kindle ready" ebook from books24/7 but it doesnt work on the phone, anyone know how to fix it? :(

Snoking

Reaction score
Well, I have been reading a free Kindle book "Sailing Alone Around the World" by Joshua Slocom off and on all day. I have to says it works pretty well, to my surprise. I have loaded a few over seafairing free books. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised and battery life seems ok.

Chris

midnightlouise

Reaction score
So...I just downloaded the app today. So far, so good. I'm totally thrilled that I'm not going to have to shell out $200 right away for a good e-reader!

jgumphress

Reaction score
I emailed Amazon directly in regards to the limited functions of the Android version and got a quick and friendly reply, which is normal for Amazon. They said that Kindle/Android was released very early due to high demand and they have plans for a lot of add-ons and updates in the near furture.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Too bad you can't use it to display ebooks you already have on your pc.

I'll stick with Aldiko.