Kindle fire internet service thru droid1?

trinibob

Reaction score
Hay all got a problem with a Droid 1 and a new kindle fire.
OK my wife is due for a new phone in February but till then I need to hook her in to the internet using her Droid 1 a non wi-fi phone to her kindle fire.
We use PDA.NET to get her on the net with her laptop and that works fine but there's got to be a way to use this phone for internet service on her fire!??
Any help will score big points with the wife thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

WolfBrother

Reaction score
"basic way" no rooting required

USB tethering to the laptop, share the Internet to your LAN connection to a wireless router. PdaNet works great for USB tethering.

Other ways.... Reguire rooting.
Plenty of threads about wifi tethering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
trinibob

trinibob

Reaction score
Sweet half to get a wireless router any suggestions ?

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I would just root and use wireless tether app

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I have the Fire as well, and I will probably be rooting my phone tomorrow so I can use it as a VPN.

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I'm rooted with my bionic, my wife just opened her kindle fire.

Wifi tether is working great.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
http://db.tt/CmvluMCe

Install this app on (rooted) kindle fire open it and press switch to adhoc mode, kindles come set to infrastructure mode, which most 4g phones will put out, but if on a 3g phone adhoc is the signal For (barnacle,wireless tether)most of the time and kindles can't see it.

However you can use stock hotspot app and tether that way, but zt-180 with barnacle is free, well free-er. Cause I'm not supposed to condone free tethering. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using DroidForums

OP
trinibob

trinibob

Reaction score
I'm going to let her suffer with MC ronalds Wi-Fi till February then she will get a new 4g phone not sure if I know enough about rooting but its on the table SD long as she doesn't end up with a brick! I would pay dearly if that happened! Is rooting that dangerous???

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I'm going to let her suffer with MC ronalds Wi-Fi till February then she will get a new 4g phone not sure if I know enough about rooting but its on the table SD long as she doesn't end up with a brick! I would pay dearly if that happened! Is rooting that dangerous???

Not at all, there's alot of videos and tutorials for it, i used burritoroot and a few adb commands later... superuser
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13027-universal-all-firmware-one-click-root-including-261/
If you use this video, read what he puts in on adb, not what the post says... the su.apk is named different on the video. The one from the post is wrong
Sent from my Kindle Fire using DroidForums

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I rooted my wife's bionic last night, so she can have wifi tether when I'm not around.

Took 5 minutes. Used 1 click exploit.
She was stock on most current ota.